XLII.

Beatrice rolled her eyes and answered "It's not that I don't like it, Ava. But you can call me that in private or at least not in the presence of Lilith who tried to kill you and is one of the most dangerous people on the planet." She said it so fast that Ava probably couldn't even understand her properly, so she just smiled and said "Fine fine, calm down. We should get back to our training now." She said at which Bea nodded.

They both made their way into the training room inside the castle and started training some of their stunts.

Lilith

Ava and Beatrice got inside, so Lilith finally had some time alone for herself.

She wanted to know everything about her body, abilities, and her wings. It wasn't curiosity that made her want to know more, but fear. She felt it somewhere deep inside her, but it was there. Fear that what she's becoming will one time be dangerous to the world or herself, and that it will completely consume her humanity.

Her new form made her feel confident and somehow untouchable, but it also brought her a lot of pain. Every scratch and wound made a mark on her skin as if it was a trophy or achievement for surviving. And now that Doctor Salvius was dead, she had a low chance to figure out what exactly she is, or if it was possible to stop her pain, but she'll try to figure things out herself.

Once she was ready, she concentrated her mind on her wings only, trying to fly up and take full control of them. She succeeded as expected.

Camila

There was nothing Camila had to do for the rest of the day since she trained and eaten already, so she decided to go to the courtyard.

Surprisingly when she got there, she could see Lilith with her wings out, flying in the air with a confident smile on her face.

She watched her for a few minutes, but then she shouted "I see that you're pretty enjoying your wings so far." And smiled.

Lilith landed back on the ground and looked up at Camila. "Yeah." She answered.

Although Camila kind of enjoyed their talks, Lilith was always the type of person with short and dry answers, which wasn't really great.

Camila was ready to get left behind again, thinking that Lilith will just go away as she always does, but that surprisingly didn't happen. Instead of that, Lilith took a deep breath and said "There's something I'd wish you to help me with, if that's okay with you."