XXIV.

Beatrice

Bea never opened up to anyone, but it felt right to tell everything to Ava because she knew that she won't be judged.

Every hug they shared healed a piece of Bea's broken heart, and she always found comfort in Ava's arms. She felt safe with her and trusted her with every inch of her soul.

Ava finally showed her that she doesn't have to be ashamed of what she is and that she deserves happiness too. She showed her that she has the same values and rights as everyone else.

Ava's arms were wrapped around her, protectively, as if she was just a weak child that needed to be protected. But Bea didn't dislike it at all.

After a while, she cried herself to sleep with her head laid on Ava's chest, listening to the rhythm of her heart.

*The next morning*

Ava

After Bea said all the horrible things from her past, Ava had the urge to protect her even more. She knew that Beatrice was a badass, but something inside her knew that she was also just a human, sensitive and fearful.

When she woke up, Beatrice was still asleep. Although Bea doesn't like to be late on anything, Ava decided to let her rest for a bit longer. She got up, brushed her teeth, and changed into her sportswear.

After that, she sat down next to Beatrice and kissed her on the forehead before she left.

She decided to just walk around the castle and explore its surroundings.

Beatrice

Beatrice woke up late and alone in her room. She knew that Ava probably just didn't want to wake her up.

She got changed, brushed her hair and teeth, and then walked out of the room, trying to find Ava.

After she looked almost everywhere, she finally found her sitting on a bench outside the castle. The bench was hidden under the trees, almost viewless. No one except the two of them knew about it. It was kind of their hiding spot, where they went every time they wanted a bit of privacy.

„Hey, "  Bea said, which made Ava's head turn to her.

She smiled, patted the bench to signal for her to sit down, and said „Hi sleepyhead."

Bea sat down, smiling at what Ava called her. She loved the little things like nicknames or forehead kisses. It always brightened her day up.