XLVIII.

Ava

Ava could do nothing but smile at what Bea told her. 'I'm so in love with you, and it scares me but satisfies me at the same time'  Was such a weird sentence, but Ava loved it. She repeated it in her head over and over. But she couldn't understand one thing. What scared Beatrice? Love is a wonderful thing, Ava thought, even when she didn't experience it herself.

*Later that day when both of them got out of the shower and lay in their bed*

Ava spooned Beatrice from behind, wrapping one of her arms around Beatrice's waist.

"Goodnight." They both told each other, but Ava had her eyes still wide open. She couldn't stop thinking about Bea's words. So she decided to ask about it.

"Bea?" She whispered into the dark and waited for a response. "Mhm?" Beatrice hummed instead of saying anything. "What did you mean when you said that your love for me scares you but satisfies you at the same time?" She asked and took a deep breath because she had no idea what will be her answer.

After a moment of dead silence, Bea finally spoke up. "You know, Camila once told me: "It's easy to fall in love with a warrior nun, It's loving the warrior nun that's the hard part. They're never yours, they never last."  And that scares me, Ava. That your faith is death. You fight in the order to protect others, no matter if you'll die or survive. You will never be completely mine, and I can lose you any minute." Bea said with her voice trembling as if she had a cold.

Ava almost teared up, because she knew Bea's right. She'll never be free and safe. She'll never get what a normal girl of her age has because she has to fight in the order to save the world. The world that never really accepted her and doesn't let her live happily.