XXI.

Ava

After Camila left them alone, she sat down next to Beatrice and hugged her around her shoulders. She knew that Bea gets emotional easily, no matter what happens to who. She just hides it very well.

She rubbed Bea's back gently and asked her „Are you okay?" which made Bea look up into Ava's eyes with a slight smile on her mouth. „Yes I am, but it still hurts a bit knowing that we'll never see Jillian again." That was understandable, but Ava tried to cheer her up with a quick kiss on the cheek. She succeeded again.

They chatted for a while, about random stuff. For example about where Lilith is and what she's doing.

An hour passed so they decided that it would be best if they trained for the rest of the day.

Beatrice came out with the idea that they could train Ava's walk on the water and halo impulses on rocks and trees like they did before Adriel came. That sounded like a good plan to Ava, so she agreed.

*After they arrived at the lake*

Ava was running, faster than a normal person could ever do.

She ran around an old big tree when she heard „The tree, Ava. Blew it up." From her earphone. She did as Bea pleased and blew it up with the help of halo impulses.

She was getting closer to the water, getting a bit nervous because she never ran across the whole lake without sinking under the water.

„Okay Ava, concentrate. You can do this." Said Beatrice when she finally reached the water.

She used her halo to stand on the water's surface and ran as fast as possible.

She was almost there when she saw Beatrice standing at her final destination.

Bea was wearing only a tank top, and she had her arms crossed so her biceps were visible more than usual. She couldn't help but stare at her and admire her beauty.

She didn't even notice that she was not concentrating until her head sunk under the water.