eight.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

the next morning, orpheus had snuck out of wednesday's room, neck stiff from having slept on the hard floor. truthfully, he didn't trust ajax and xavier enough to sleep around them. he always had trouble sleeping anyways.

enid had not questioned why the boy had slept there but he did wake up to a pink and orange blanket strewn over his body.

the three had gotten ready and now orpheus and wednesday walked together. she was dressed, ready for fencing and orpheus only sported his school uniform. his hands were folded behind his back as the two walked into the room where fencing was going on. the two looked around and orpheus swallowed thickly as he made eye contact with xavier.

"coach, she tripped me" at the sound of a voice, orpheus looked away from xavier and to a boy with glasses, who laid on the floor with bianca stood above him. "it was a clean strike, rowan." the coach sighed, shaking his head.

"maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck." bianca said, a smirk on her face. "seriously, coach, when am i gonna get real competition?" she asked. "anyone else want to challenge me?" bianca looked around and orpheus' lip curled in distaste as she looked full of herself.

"i do." wednesday spoke up, her chin up confidentially as bianca turned to her. bianca chucked as she looked between the two. "oh, you must be the psychopaths they let in."

"you must be the self-appointed queen bee." orpheus said, smirking as wednesday continued, "interesting thing about bees, pull out their stingers, they drop dead." bianca stared at the twins in disbelief as those around them made noises of surprise. "rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. he's not helpless, he's lazy" bianca said, glaring at the two as they glared back. "are we doing this or not?" she asked, "en garde"

'fuck her up' orpheus thought, going to stand to the side as wednesday placed her mask on. 'you know i will' she thought back. orpheus didn't have to see her to know she sported a smirk on her face. her and bianca got in stance, before they began. orpheus watched with narrowed eyes as the two went back and forth until wednesday got the first point. "point to wednesday." coach said.

the two stopped for a moment before continuing again and orpheus tensed up as he felt someone brush beside him. turning his head a bit, orpheus made eye contact with xavier, who stared down at him with a small smile.

orpheus ignored the smile and turned his attention back to wednesday and bianca, tuning back in right when bianca got wednesday. "the score is even." orpheus frowned slightly, watching as the two quietly spoke for a minute before wednesday turned to the coach.

"for the final point, i would like to invoke a military challenge. no masks. no tips." orpheus sighed in disapproval, shooting wednesday a look as she looked at him. "winner draws first blood." she finished, staring right at him.

"it's your decision, bianca." the coach said, and orpheus silently hoped she would decline but he felt a pit in his stomach as she agreed. "let's see if you bleed in black and white." bianca smirked at wednesday.

the two got in position again, beginning to fight. orpheus watched with baited breath, his hands gripping each other behind his back nervously. he winced slightly as bianca swung her sabre and wednesday froze, dropping her sabre and bringing a hand up to her face. "your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed." bianca cockily said, chuckling as she did so.

orpheus swiftly moved to stand beside wednesday and picked up her own sabre in his hand as he shot bianca a deep glare. wednesday continued to stare at her hand in disbelief as bianca continued to smirk. "you're dead." orpheus muttered, eyes boring into hers with such an intensity that made her smirk drop a bit.

everyone watched as the addams sibling's rushed away and xavier watched after them, the arm that had brushed against orpheus' tingling.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
jfc 2k already???😭 literally tysm💜💜