ten.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

xavier and orpheus stayed by wednesday's side the whole time she was out, an uncomfortable silence between the two. orpheus had no idea why xavier stayed but he didn't question it much.

a sharp inhale made orpheus' head snap up, only to see wednesday sit up straight, eyes filled with confusion. orpheus smiled slightly, before it fell as xavier spoke. "welcome back, just take it easy." xavier muttered, standing up and smiling down at wednesday.

"you okay?" orpheus asked, after having sent xavier a glare, annoyed at the boy for fussing over wednesday. it was supposed to be him doing that. not xavier. wednesday nodded yes to orpheus' question.

"the last thing i remember we were walking outside, i was feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self-disgust, i never felt that way before" the girl muttered, staring down at her lap in confusion. "losing to bianca has that effect on people, i think." xavier laughed out, his smile dropping as he turned to see orpheus' small glare.

"then i looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and i thought, 'at least i'll have an imaginative death.'" at this, orpheus jokingly scoffed. "then you pushed me out of the way. why?" wednesday asked orpheus, confused.

"wasn't just going to let you die" orpheus rolled his eyes, shifting uncomfortably. "then he tackled me" orpheus added, pointing a thumb to xavier, who smiled. "why'd you save orpheus?" wednesday asked, eyes narrowed in confusion.

honestly, the two were confused. many people hated them and they didn't know anyone who would save them just like that. except now, xavier.

"call it instinct." xavier clicked his tongue and shrugged. "so you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of the patriarchy, to extract our undying gratitude?" wednesday questioned.

"most people just say thank you" xavier said, brows furrowed as he looked at orpheus, who frowned at him. he wasn't about to thank him. "i didn't want to be rescued." orpheus said, causing xavier to raise a brow in question.

"i shoulda just let that thing smash you to mush?" he asked, confusion filling his features. "i would have rather saved myself." orpheus said, causing xavier to scoff. "good to see you two haven't changed." he muttered, only confusing orpheus.

"if makes you feel any better, let's just say i returned the favor." xavier said, before catching onto the pairs confused faces. "xavier thorpe?" he asked, only to still see the confusion.

"you guys probably don't remember me." he sighed, "last time we met, i was about two feet shorter, forty pounds heavier." this did not help the twins at all, and orpheus asked in confusion, "what happened?"

"puberty, i guess." xavier exhaled deeply as wednesday and orpheus glanced at eachother. "he meant what happened the last time we met" wednesday said, causing a faint blush to fill xavier's cheeks.

"oh. it was my godmother's funeral. she was friends with your grandmother, and they spent their twenties in europe, swindling the rich and notorious." at this, orpheus narrowed his eyes, willing himself to remember. "i don't know, but we were ten, and we were bored, decided to play hide and seek. i had the inspired idea to hide in her casket. i got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium." at this part both twins' eyes lit up.

"we'd heard muffled screams" they said in sync, xavier's brows raising in surprise at this. "we just figured your godmother had cheated death and was trying to claw her way out" wednesday finished.

"either way, you two hit the big red stop button and saved me from being flame-broiled. so... now we're even" xavier said, smiling at them before standing up and walking out of the infirmary.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
last update for the day and since i have school tmrw i'll see if i go to updating once a day or keep it to updating whenever i want to :)