twenty-five.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

orpheus stood beside wednesday, staring at his paper with a frown on his face. each student was assigned a place to help out at for the day. he had gotten the weathervane.

"yes! i got pilgrim world!" enid gushed, bouncing slightly with an excited grin. "i have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice."

"what'd you get?" she asked the twins, "uriah's heap, whatever that is." wednesday answered. "ew. it's this weird, creepy antique store." enid grimaced. "you'll love it though." she added quickly.

"and you?" she asked, turning to orpheus, who shrugged. "the weathervane" he muttered, frowning down at the floor. "tyler works there" wednesday quickly muttered, earning an eyebrow raise from orpheus.

"i'm crossing my claws ajax and i will be outreaching together." enid switched the topic as she shot ajax a lovesick look. orpheus couldn't help but scrunch his nose up in distaste. 

wednesday took her leave, walking over to weems, and seeming to have a conversation with her. orpheus stood aside, watching them with narrowed eyes.

"what'd you get?" asked a voice from beside him suddenly. orpheus glanced to the side, only to be met with aaron. "the weathervane" he muttered, training his eyes back on wednesday and weems. "that's cool! i got pilgrim world" aaron said, shooting orpheus a small smile.

"nice." the boy deadpanned, only earning himself a small frown from aaron. "uh, xavier got the weathervane aswell" he said, causing orpheus to snap his head in his direction. "he did?" he asked curiously, a brow raised.

"yeah. i also wanted to apologize for what happened" aaron mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "it's fine. being kidnapped gave me a thrill i didn't know i needed" orpheus smirked, earning himself a weird look from aaron.

"oh" he muttered, his eyes staring at orpheus in concern. "still, i'm sorry. xavier and ajax are too" he smiled softly, only earning a nod from orpheus. "i'm sure they are" he scoffed, looking around and making eye contact with xavier.

he froze as xavier stared at him, his hair whipping his face softly due to the wind. his eyes shifted and suddenly narrowed on aaron, something that made orpheus raise a brow in confusion.

"hey, we're leaving" aaron muttered, breaking orpheus out of the trance with a nudge. "great." he muttered bitterly, his lips downturned into a frown as he turned and walked towards the bus, wednesday shortly catching up to him.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
before anyone asks why this is so short; i'm sick, i feel like absolute shit, i just finished throwing up and hyperventilating, and i have a sharp and extreme pain in my ribs so i could not give a single fuck as to how this chapter is.