five.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

"nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here." enid said, the three coming to a stop. "we don't plan on staying here for long." orpheus spoke, cautiously looking around at the people that passed them.

"why not?" enid asked, confused at orpheus' words. "this was our parents idea." wednesday answered, before turning to a picture inside a glass display. "oh look, there's our mother smirking at us." wednesday seethed.

"they've been looking for any excuse to send us here. it's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." she said, "what plan?" enid curiously asked. "to turn us into a version of themselves." orpheus said, his voice flat and hands folded behind his back.

"in that case, perhaps you can clear something up. rumor's been swirling around that you two killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off." enid said, beginning to walk once again, with orpheus and wednesday beside her. "actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?" the two spoke in sync, smirking as enid's face fell.

"well, welcome to the quad." enid got over it quickly and continued on, walking into an open area that was filled with students. "it's a pentagon." wednesday noted.

"the whole snarky goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different." enid said, before shifting her eyes to orpheus, "you too." she added, eyeing his all black outfit.

"let me give you a wiki on nevermore's social scene." enid switched the topic, beginning a slow walk. "we're not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." wednesday said, her eyes boring into the students. "well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." enid said back.

"there are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are fangs, furs, stoners and scales." orpheus hummed, as enid pointed at a group of kids who all wore shades. "those are the fangs, aka vampires. some of them have literally been here for decades. " she said, before moving on to a loud table.

"that bunch of knuckleheads are furs, aka werewolves. like me!" the furs howled and orpheus furrowed his brows at the information of enid being a werewolf. "full moons get pretty loud around here. that's when furs wolf out." enid said, continuing to walk. "i suggest you pick up noise-cancelling headphones." she then added.

"i'm assuming scales are sirens?" orpheus asked, his eyes landing on a couple of kids sat beside a water fountain. "you catch on quick." enid hummed. "and that girl, bianca barclay, is the closest thing nevermore has to royalty." she said.

orpheus tilted his head to the side, watching as the beautiful girl talked to someone else, her hand in the fountain. "although her crown's been slipping lately. she used to date our resident tortured artist, xavier thorpe." she motioned to a guy who stood painting a wall.

as if feeling the trios eyes on him, he turned, his hair was pulled back into a bun, a paintbrush held between his fingers. as he made eye contact with orpheus, he raised his brows in surprise, his eyes stuck on the pale boy that stood beside the equally pale girl.

"but they broke up at the beginning of the semester. reason unknown." enid's voice caused orpheus to tear his eyes away from xavier. "fascinating." the boy muttered sarcastically.

"i know, right? my vlog is, like, the number one source for nevermore gossip." enid smiled proudly.

"yo, enid!" a male's voice called out. "you're not gonna believe the dirt i heard about your new roommate and her brother. they eat human flesh." wednesday and orpheus shared a look at this. "chowed down on that kid they murdered. you better watch your back." he finished, only causing enid to move to the side to reveal them standing behind her.

"quite the contrary. we actually fillet the bodies of our victims, then feed them to our menagerie of pets." wednesday said, tone flat. "and you look tasty" orpheus added, a teasing smirk on his face as the boys face filled with fear. "ajax, this is my new roommate, wednesday and her brother, orpheus."

"whoa. you're both in black and white. like a living instagram filter." he said, staring at the two in disbelief.  "ignore him, gorgons spend way too much time getting stoned." enid sighed as ajax walked away.  "he's cute, but clueless. it's a small school."

"there wasn't much online about you two. you should really get on insta, snapchat and tiktok." enid said, smiling at the two. "we find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." orpheus said, lips set in a straight line.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
the second half (also orpheus and xavier eye contact) 🤭