twenty-one.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

the next morning, orpheus was alarmed to see both ajax and xavier burst into their room, both of the boys eyes wide. "orpheus! we need you!" ajax exclaimed, going to the side of orpheus' bed and dramatically getting on his knees.

"why?" the boy asked, a slight frown on his lips. "a team member for the poe cup has fallen ill and we need a replacement" xavier said, standing behind ajax, his arms crossed. "and?"

"we wanted you to be the replacement" ajax said, eyes pleading. orpheus opened his mouth, ready to say no but was quick to remember bianca's words from last night. "i'll do it" he settled on saying, lips pursed as ajax stood up quickly, jumping up and down in happiness.

"yes!" he cheered, a wide smile on his face. from beside him, xavier smiled widely before motioning orpheus to get up. "'come on, we have to start getting ready" he said.

"get ready?" orpheus asked, confused. the three walked out of the room and made their way outside, where multiple tents were set up and students were bustling with excitement.

ajax and xavier wordlessly led orpheus to a tent, where one other boy was eagerly waiting. "finally!" he exclaimed, motioning for orpheus to sit down. "nice to meet you, i'm aaron" he smiled, the dimple on his left cheek more prominent than the one on his right.

he held his hand out, watching as orpheus hesitantly grasped it, shaking it awkwardly. xavier side-eyed them, before beginning to take out the makeup they would be needing.

"what is that?" orpheus asked, eyeing the makeup. "part of our costume" aaron said, sitting beside orpheus with a sweet smile. "costume?" he asked, looking between the three as ajax smiled sheepishly. "i kind of forgot to mention we have to wear costumes" he said, earning himself a deep glare from orpheus.

"if i look stupid, i will kill you." he said, gripping the sides of the chair as ajax's eyes widened in fear. "down, orpheus" xavier said, smiling as orpheus frowned. "i'm not a dog" he scoffed, arms crossed as he watching xavier get started on his makeup.

orpheus couldn't help but sit and wait his turn, very much dreading it.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
filler chapter but im super bored and tired. anyways, its barely monday and this week is already ass so idk how i'll update this week but i'll see :)
not proofread bcs im superrr lazy pls lmk if anything is wrong :)