thirty.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

orpheus had been working long enough to know that he absolutely hated this. he currently stood behind the counter when wednesday's voice echoed around his head. 'get changed, we're going somewhere'

that was the only thing he got and he didn't question it, he immediately walked into the bathroom and changed, glad to be out of that horrendous uniform.

xavier had watched him rush into the bathroom but spoke nothing about it, only raising a brow in confusion.

orpheus changed out of the uniform way faster than he changed into it and as soon as he walked out he spotted wednesday, stood gazing at a bulletin board.

"i thought you were supposed to be at pilgrim world" xavier said, confused as he looked at wednesday. "i deserted it while my sanity was still intact." she spoke flatly, turning to look at him with a blank stare.

"you want a coffee? it's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment" xavier said, smiling at her but looking at orpheus, who seemed equally as confused to her being there.

"i'm actually here for tyler" wednesday said, causing xavier to scoff. "i told you he was bad news"

"twice, but who we speak to is our business" she said, putting her chin up as she rang the small bell that was on the counter.

orpheus narrowed his eyes on xavier, who glared down at the counter. what did he have against tyler?

"you rang?" came tyler's voice as he now leaned against the counter, smiling down at wednesday. "want the usual?" he asked.

"and some help." wednesday hummed as xavier leaned further on the counter, invested in what was about to be said.

"you know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s? you know if it's still around?" the girl asked, only causing orpheus to stare at her in confusion.

"what's left is out in cobham woods, but it's pretty much a ruin." tyler said, watching as wednesday pulled out a map and slammed it down on the counter. "show me" she demanded.

"uh... there." he pointed to a part of the map and both twins gazed down at it. "but, look, it's kind of sketchy. squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. my dad has it cleared out every couple weeks." at this, orpheus and wednesday glanced at each other, brows raised. 'this is nothing.'

"what's this about?" tyler asked, glancing between the twins as orpheus and xavier made eye contact. the two held it, a thoughtful look taking over xavier'd features. "nothing." wednesday answered.

"you're becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing" tyler scoffed as wednesday raised a brow at him. "would you rather i develop an obsession with horses and boy bands?" she questioned, making orpheus cringe. he could never imagine wednesday ever liking boy bands or horses.

"thank you for the help" orpheus said, grabbing wednesday's arm and pulling her to the side, farther away from tyler.

"hey, listen, the ruins are kind of tricky to find. i could take you guys this afternoon. my shift ends at 2:00." tyler said, only causing orpheus' eyes to narrow on him.

"principal weems would hang, draw and quarter us if we miss the big statue dedication." wednesday frowned, as orpheus continued. "and as enticing as that sounds, we'd prefer to keep a low profile."

"besides, we know our way around the great outdoors" wednesday said, as orpheus hummed in agreement. "don't tell me you were a girl scout and boy scout." tyler scoffed, looking at the two in disbelief.

"i could eat girl scouts for breakfast." wednesday scoffed, turning to walk away. "we have an uncle who went to prison for that." orpheus added with a smirk, turning to follow after her.

"wait, you can't leave yet" tyler called after him, watching as orpheus turned and shrugged, "if wednesday's going then so am i" he said before bolting out the door and leaving tyler and xavier to glare at one another.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
two updates in a row but what do u think orpheus' and xavier's ship name would be??
i'm bad at coming up with ship names so pls help me😭