eleven.

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

after being released from the infirmary, orpheus and wednesday cautiously walked back to her dorm, their eyes alert. as soon as they arrived at wednesday's dorm, orpheus shrugged his jacket off and threw it onto her bed without looking.

the sound of the bed squeaking caused both of them to pause. 'you heard that, right?' orpheus thought, a brow raised as wednesday slowly nodded. the two slowly and quietly began to head to her bed, where she tugged the covers off and orpheus lunged for whatever was on the bed.

"i knew it!" wednesday exclaimed, a smirk on her face. "hello, thing." orpheus murmured, holding thing from his pointer finger before placing him down on wednesday's table. "did you think our highly trained olfactory sense wouldn't pick up on the faint whiff of neroli and bergamot in your favorite hand lotion?" wednesday asked, placing her lamp right over thing.

she gripped one of his fingers tightly in hers, watching as he trembled. "i could do this all day" she muttered. "surrender?" orpheus asked, smirking down at thing. he began to frantically tap on the desk, a sign of his surrender.

"mother and father sent you to spy on us, didn't they?" orpheus asked, getting closer to thing with a fierce glare on his face. "i'm not above breaking a few fingers." wednesday added, seeing as thing hadn't signed anything to them. "that they thought we wouldn't find out proves how much they underestimate us."

"oh, thing, you poor, naive appendage. our parents aren't worried about us." wednesday said after what thing had signed at them. "they're evil puppeteers who want to pull our strings even from afar." orpheus agreed, backing a bit away from thing.

"the way i see it, you have two options." wednesday began speaking and picked thing up, opening her cabinet and swinging him above it. "option one. we lock you in here for the rest of the semester, and you go slowly insane trying to claw your way out, ruining your nails and your smooth, supple skin." thing began to squirm around frantically. "and we both know how vain you are." she muttered.

"option two." orpheus began, smirking as wednesday placed thing back down. "you pledge your undying loyalty to us." orpheus said, waiting for a second and then smirking in satisfaction as thing finally bowed to them.

"our first order of business is to escape this teenage purgatory." wednesday smirked, watching as thing began to tap. "of course we have a plan. and it begins now." orpheus said, crossing his arms across his chest.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
nvm guys updating again bcs i can't sleep and i've been writing chapters like crazy🤘