nine.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

orpheus sat beside wednesday in the infirmary, his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face. he watched as the nurse placed a bandaid on wednesday's face, right on the cut that bianca had left.

"you're wednesday, right?" the kid from before sat in front of them as he looked at wednesday before looking at orpheus, "and you're orpheus?" the twins skeptically nodded. "i know how you feel." the kid, whose name orpheus remembered as rowan said.

"i guarantee you don't" wednesday said, tone flat. "my mother promised me i'd finally fit in somewhere. i never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts." rowan chuckled softly before he eyed the twins. "but it looks like you're gonna give me a run for my money." he said, only earning a glare from orpheus.

'i don't like his vibes' he thought, only earning an eyebrow raise from wednesday. "uh...sorry about the knick." rowan muttered, using a hand to motion above his eyebrow. "no good deed goes unpunished." wednesday said before standing up,  orpheus following suit, his eyes glaring daggers at rowan.

as soon as they were out of earshot from rowan, wednesday spoke up. "you don't like him?" she asked, looking at orpheus with a raised brow. "no, his vibe feels off" orpheus replied, a frown on his face. wednesday opened their umbrella and the two began walking as wednesday hummed in thought.

"you did good against bianca" orpheus said, cringing slightly at his kind words. "not good enough." wednesday huffed, her brows furrowed in thought. orpheus went to speak again but shut his mouth at the sound of stone scraping. wednesday seemed to have heard it as well because she moved the umbrella away as they both looked up.

they were greeted by a gargoyle moving, and it took orpheus no time to realize it was moving towards them. thinking fast, orpheus reached his hands out and shoved wednesday, pushing her out of the way. she had no time to break her fall and as soon as she fell, she knocked out, the umbrella inches away from her open palm.

at the sight of her, orpheus had no time to process the gargoyle that now fell towards him. "orpheus!" his name being called distracted him before he felt a weight hit his body and he went flying as well. hands put themselves under his head and instead of his head hitting the hard floor it was the persons hands.

"what the hell?" orpheus asked, as he opened his eyes, his back blowing up with pain. xavier stared down at him, his whole body on top of orpheus as his eyes held concern in them. "you okay?" xavier asked, before yelping slightly as orpheus pushed him away harshly.

"don't touch me." he muttered, glaring slightly at xavier. "a thank you would be nice" the boy muttered, furrowing his brows as orpheus walked up to wednesday's unconscious body.

the addams boy was quick to hoist his sister's body into his arms and grunted as he carried her back into the infirmary, xavier following suit.

"oh, honey!" the nurse gasped in shock as she saw them walk in. she immediately rushed over and told orpheus to place wednesday down on a bed, which he did. she began fussing over wednesday as orpheus stood there, a deep frown embedded on his face.

"is she okay?" he asked, ignoring xavier, who stood right by his side. "of course, it's just a bump on the head" the nurse replied, smiling warmly at orpheus, which caused the corners of his lips to raise the slightest bit.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
woo i switched some small things up (obv) because i want xavier and orpheus to interact a bit more
also how tf did y'all get me to 3k that fast????