seventeen.

( TRUE

( TRUE . CRIME. )

"you suck" orpheus muttered after having stood behind xavier for a bit. the long haired boy had just shot an arrow and missed. he jumped, startled by orpheus' presence. "you actually showed up." xavier mumbled in surprise. "of course" orpheus hummed.

"ever shot a bow and arrow before?" xavier asked, toying with the bow in his hand. "only on live targets." he muttered, earning himself a look from xavier.

"okay, square stance." xavier fixed his stance, orpheus' eyes boring into him. "load the arrow like this, yellow side out, three fingers, pull back and... let it fly." xavier demonstrated, sighing softly as the arrow missed again. "any questions?" he asked, turning his gaze to orpheus.

"when's the last time you saw your roommate, rowan?" he asked, hands folded behind his back as xavier scoffed. "you mean the one that was killed by a monster?" orpheus nodded, his eyes narrowed at xavier.

"the harvest festival. i haven't talked to him since, but his side of the room was all packed this morning." xavier said, shrugging as orpheus hummed in thought. "rowan's always been a little off, but, uh, the last couple weeks he's been more erratic." he added.

orpheus tensed, having the feeling that rowan must have been erratic due to the twins' arrival. "you know, telekinesis can mess with your head, you know. he's... it started to freak me out." xavier sighed, shaking his head as he looked down at his feet. orpheus stood in silence, assuming the conversation was over until xavier asked a question.

"so what's the deal with you and tyler?" be asked, causing orpheus to look at him, his eyes boring into xavier's own. "i'm sorry, were you the only one who got to ask non-archery questions?" he asked, earning a scoff from orpheus. "there is no deal. he was doing wednesday and i a favor driving us out of town." orpheus said, eyes squinted at xavier as he frowned.

"yeah, word of advice, steer clear." xavier bitterly muttered, causing orpheus to narrow his eyes at him. "why? because he's a normie?" he asked, challenging xavier to speak.

"tyler and his friends are jerks. they can't stand that this school's propping up their podunk town." xavier scoffed, watching as orpheus took the bow from his hands.

"says the boy whose life was served on a silver platter." orpheus scoffed, getting an arrow and picking up the apple behind him. "hey, boys in glass houses-" orpheus was quick to cut xavier off with, "should throw bigger stones"

"at least i'm not an elitist snob." he added, throwing the apple up into the air and releasing the arrow, watching as it hit the apple and made it right into the middle of the target. "ouch" xavier muttered, looking at orpheus with a small frown as the boy shoved the bow into xavier's hands and began to walk away.

'where are you?' he thought, eyes narrowed at the ground as he walked 'with the bees' wednesday's voice filled his head and he was quick to change his route.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
distraught that mexico is out. fuck y'all sm i literally stress ate five oranges in one sitting after that.
anyways, y'all fr got me to 13k like ??? how tf😭😭