nineteen.

( TRUE

( TRUE . CRIME. )

earlier that day, orpheus had been plagued by a vision. in it, rowan and xavier were in their room, arguing about something. all of a sudden, rowan had used his telekinesis to harshly throw xavier against the wall.

orpheus had been shocked and appalled that rowan had done such a thing to xavier. wednesday on the other hand, seemed to have focused more on the book that presented itself in the vision.

it was the same purple book her and orpheus had been seeing. this led to where they were now, with thing searching the shelves of the library and orpheus and wednesday talking.

"we keep seeing that same purple book" wednesday said, frowning as thing pulled a purple book up. "the cover was darker, more like a day-old contusion." orpheus said, shaking his head at the book. "keep looking." wednesday demanded.

"i don't usually find students in here looking for actual books, most sneak in to make out." ms. thornhill's voice spoke from behind them. "we accidentally walked in on two vampires fanging, we can't unsee that" wednesday said, bringing a frown to orpheus' face at the reminder of what he had witnessed.

"is there something i can help you find?" ms. thornhill asked, a sweet smile on her face. "have you seen this before? it's a watermark from a book we're looking for." wednesday held up a paper, with the watermark they had found on the page of them. "i think it's the symbol to an old student society."

ms. thornhill thought for a second before speaking again, "the nightshades" she said, "like the deadly flower, color me intrigued." wednesday hummed, looking down at the watermark in interest. "i was told they disbanded years ago" ms. thornhill added.

"any idea why?" orpheus asked, brows furrowed in question. "sorry." ms. thornhill smiled sheepishly as she shook her head. "i was very impressed with your answers in class today." she added, a soft smile on her face. "our mother is a carnivorous plant aficionado, assume we get our red thumb from her." wednesday said, placing the image of the watermark into her backpack.

"are you guys and your mother close?" ms. thornhill asked, earning a snort from orpheus, "like three inmates sentenced to life on the same cell block." the two muttered in sync. "i know it can't be easy, showing up mid-semester." ms. thornhill said softly.

"i've been here a year and a half, and i still feel like an outsider." she finished, an understanding smile on her face. "because you're the only normie on the staff?" orpheus curiously asked. "enid told us." wednesday added, after seeing the look that orpheus had received from the teacher.

"to tell you the truth, i've never really fit in anywhere. too odd for the normies, not odd enough for the outcasts." ms. thornhill paused, looking between the two before continuing. "i thought nevermore would be different, but there's still a handful of teachers who will barely acknowledge me."

wednesday smirked down at her, "we act as if we don't care if people dislike us." she muttered, as orpheus picked up the sentence. "deep down, we secretly enjoy it." orpheus smirked, earning themselves a chuckle from ms. thornhill. "never lose that, kids."

"lose what?" orpheus asked, genuinely confused. "the ability to not let others define you." she said, causing orpheus to scoff, "it's a gift" he muttered.

"doesn't always feel that way. the most interesting plants grow in the shade." the twins glanced at eachother, brows raised. "and if you ever need anyone to talk to, the door to the conservatory is always open." she finished, a sweet smile on her face as the two nodded before walking out, leaving ms. thornhill in the library alone.

—JUPITER SPEAKS!
fuck ms. thornhill.
anyways, im super bored but i had to go to church today and some random white girl kept staring and wouldn't shut the fuck up.
also, my brother got me starbucks afterwards and it was so yummy🤤🤤