twenty-three.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

—XAVIER—

my eyes followed orpheus' every move. after losing the poe cup race, him, aaron, ajax, and i had swam out of the lake. we were drenched and our costumes weighed us down, our makeup running down our faces.

my lips were downturned into a frown as i watched enid excitedly hold onto the trophy. bianca stood nearby, a deep glare on her face as she watched them.

from beside me, the ghost of a smile was present on orpheus' face and i narrowed my eyes at it. he had been the only one at the boat, i doubt he would have missed enid slashing our boat.

"come on, we better get changed" i muttered, holding onto orpheus' arm and beginning to lead him away. he hesitantly tore his eyes away from the scene as he let himself be pulled away.

"that was pretty nice" he hummed out as my hand let go of his arm, letting him walk on his own. hearing this, my brows raised in shock. never had i imagined that orpheus would ever say those words. "yeah? sucks we lost" aaron muttered, frowning down at the floor.

we entered the tent, where we all began to change back into our normal clothes and dry ourselves. my eyes followed orpheus' every move as his hands worked to wipe away the makeup on his face.

i was entranced, not being able to tear my eyes away from him. to be truthful, seeing him in the makeup was new to me. it had made me see him in a new light and i absolutely adored it.

i don't think i could ever quiet understand how orpheus seemed to be able to fit into anything. sure, he thought he looked ridiculous in the costume and makeup but i genuinely thought he looked adorable.

with his red and outstretched pouted lips, his eyes that were circled with black paint. he had makeup identical to mine but to me, his was somehow better.

i was snapped out of my thoughts as orpheus spun around and looked at me, a frown on his face. "you're not actually mad we lost, right?" he asked, and i couldn't help but let my gaze soften.

"of course not, it's just a stupid race" i scoffed, a smile on my face as orpheus sighed in relief, "alright" he muttered, before swiftly standing up and awkwardly patting my shoulder.

"bye." he curtly said, not waiting for a response as he speed walked out of the tent, his head down and hair dripping wet. my lips formed into a smile, chuckling softly to myself as he disappeared from my view. god, he was so ethereal.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
super short but i just wanna thank you all for 100k!!
also, a xavier pov bcs yes<3