twelve.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

the next day, orpheus had been left alone, due to wednesday having her therapy session. she had even taken thing, which resulted in orpheus being left alone in his dorm, reading and staring up at the ceiling in boredom.

in the end, it was worth it because wednesday had broken the news of her meeting some kid named tyler, who offered to drive the two of them to the train station. at first, orpheus was skeptical of this, but then decided that tyler was probably just a really sweet guy.

then, orpheus was told how they would meet tyler at the harvest festival, where they would get into his truck and be taken to the train station.

this all led to where they were now. orpheus eyed the guy who wednesday said was tyler. he was talking to his dad, who was obviously the sheriff.

"are you sure you can trust that normie?" enid asked, side eyeing tyler and his dad with skepticism. enid finally sighed and smiled at the two.

"well, good luck and safe travels." she put her arms out and went in for a hug from either twin, only for both to simultaneously take a step back. "still not huggers, got it." enid sighed and nodded before walking away, her head down.

"i kind of feel bad" orpheus said, frowning slightly as he looked at enid's retreating figure. "don't. split up, tyler will come find you." wednesday muttered, before walking away.

this left orpheus alone and with a sigh he walked up to a random booth in hopes of entertaining himself. he found it to be a dart game and picked one up before effortlessly throwing it, popping a balloon. he did this a couple more times until someone stood beside him, "jeez, you get any better at this, you'll be taking home a whole pack." xavier said, watching as orpheus popped another balloon.

"pandas don't travel in packs, they prefer solitude." orpheus muttered, turning to look at xavier, who nodded slowly. "all right, subtle hint taken." orpheus expected xavier to leave after this but he stayed, staring at orpheus.

"you should know I'm waiting for someone." he said, in hopes of xavier walking away. "oh yeah, who's the lucky girl... or guy?" at the second option, orpheus froze, his hand that held a dart floating in the air.

"what does it matter to you?" orpheus asked, after gaining his composure. the man at the booth handed orpheus a panda, which he looked down at with his head tilted to the side. he sighed as he looked at xavier, who was already staring at him.

"never thanked you for saving my life" orpheus muttered, watching as xavier smiled. "is this you doing so?" he asked, leaning closer to orpheus. "maybe." orpheus said, shoving the panda into xavier's arms. xavier accepted it, but looked down at in confusion.

"if i hold it in my hands any longer i'll have to stab myself" the boy said, shooting the panda a look of distaste. xavier opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by another voice. "didn't mean to interrupt." it said.

"you're not." xavier said, his smile now gone as he walked away. the panda still clutched between his fingers. orpheus turned and saw tyler, who smiled sheepishly at him with wednesday now stood by his side. "this is gonna be trickier than i thought, dad hit me with a curfew." he muttered.

"we need to go if i'm gonna make it back in time" tyler added, his hands shoved in the pockets of his jacket. "i've got some dead weight i need to lose first." wednesday muttered, causing orpheus to frown in confusion. "meet me behind the parking lot when the fireworks start." she added, earning herself nods from both boys.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
early chap before y'all have to hear from me in like 8 hours😒
also, cute panda moment<3