thirty-five.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

as soon as orpheus made it back, principal weems had called him to her office. he truly had no idea what she thought he had to do with it but he still went, breaking path's with xavier, who shot him a nervous smile.

orpheus walked in silently, watching as weems paced in front of wednesday, who turned to look at her twin as he walked into the room. "that was a disaster" weems finally spoke, coming to q stop in front of wednesday.

"the mayor is furious! i've lost count of the angry phone calls, emails, and people in the town, alumni and parents. they want answers and so do i" as she spoke, orpheus and wednesday shared a look, as they stood still, gazing at her.

"i would lead the inquisition, but i left my thumbscrews and rack at home" wednesday said, "mister and miss addams, you're already on thin ice"

"i find it quiet rude that you'd believe we did something" orpheus scoffed, hands behind his back as he rolled his eyes.

"and i swear on my late scorpion's soul, my hands are clean" wednesday stated, shrugging as weems' eyes narrowed at the girl. "i may not have hard evidence, but i see you two. you're trouble magnets." weems said, earning another eye roll from orpheus.

"if trouble means standing up to lies, decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse.." wednesday trailed off, earning a confused look from weems, "what are you talking about?" she questioned.

"jericho. why does this town even have an outreach day? don't you know its real history with outcasts? the actual story of joseph crackstone? " the girl questioned, brows raised as weems sighed out "i do, to an extent"

"then why be complicit in its cover up? those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" orpheus said, eyes narrowed on weems. "that's where you two and i differ. where you see doom, i see opportunity" weems said, attempting to smile softly at the two, who looked unimpressed. "maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs, to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations"

"nothing has changed since crackstone. they still hate us. only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles" orpheus sneered out, thinking back to how goody and simon were treated, how their mother and those alike them were treated.

"if you're unwilling to fight for truth" weems shrugged, and the twins shared a look, "you don't think we want the truth?" orpheus questioned, "of course i do. but the world isn't always black and white. there are shades of gray." weems said back.

"maybe for you" orpheus muttered bitterly, "but it's either they write our story or we do. you can't have it both ways" weems said, and the twins both sighed in unison. "you're exhausting" wednesday muttered, shaking her head.

weems only smiled before nodding, "i know" she said. "goodnight, mister and miss addams. but you two should know, i don't tire easily" weems said, bidding them a goodnight as the twins walked out.

"she is exhausting" orpheus agreed, passing a hand through his hair as him and wednesday broke ways.

—JUPITER SPEAKS!
wrote this in class bcs im bored but class ends in like 3 mins so not proofread sorryyy