twenty-two.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

"i look ridiculous" orpheus bitterly muttered, his dark eyes staring back at him. never in a million years did orpheus addams think he would dress up as a jester for some stupid school competition but here he stood.

"don't you look adorable" xavier teased, a grin on his face as orpheus' glare deepened. "i hate you all" he said, watching as aaron threw his head back and laughed loudly.

"you can hate us later, we have to get in the boat" aaron said, ushering orpheus to walk out of the tent and he did, reluctantly. he felt himself become slightly embarrassed as some around him stared as soon as he walked out.

he immediately shook it off and instead began to walk alongside ajax, his head held high as he walked. he knew he looked ridiculous and he felt that way as well but as long as he acted confident, he felt he'd be fine.

the boats came into view and orpheus smirked as he made eye contact with wednesday, who was also dressed up. 'they got you too?' he thought, watching as her brows raised in surprise at his look. 'not as bad as you' she thought back, her face setting into a slight grimace as she eyed him up and down.

the four boys settled into their boat, xavier taking up the rear and aaron taking the front. orpheus gripped the paddle in his hand, turning to his left and watching as enid sent ajax a wave. a slight smirk made itself present on his face as he watched ajax put his head down, smiling bashfully.

orpheus' eyes narrowed as he saw bianca smirk and say something to wednesday. by the looks of it, it wasn't anything good. bianca's smirk fell as wednesday spoke, a smirk now on her face.

"i want to welcome you all to the edgar allan poe cup. this is one of nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back 125 years." principal weem's voice boomed, "each team must row across to raven island, pull a flag from crackstone's crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk."

"first team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, as well as some special privileges." orpheus tilted his head, seeing enid's excited smile. "let the poe cup begin!" as weem's said this everyone began to hurriedly row and orpheus was quick to think 'we need enid to win.' instantly, a smirk formed on wednesday's face as she nodded, 'i have a plan in motion.'

"go! go! go!" student's screamed, only encouraging orpheus to row harder, keeping an eye on bianca. "oh, excuse us" xavier said, his voice smooth as their boat cut off another boat.

orpheus only rowed harder, paying no mind to the group that got out. "stroke!" aaron urged, turning his head to look at orpheus, a wide grin on his face. this only encouraged orpheus to row harder, his lip caught between his teeth in concentration.

he felt relieved as they approached the small island. he was quick to check behind him, only to see enid's group rowing hard, almost arriving at the island.

"wait here" xavier told orpheus and aaron as him and ajax ran to where the flags would be found. "you think they'll take long?" aaron asked nervously, as orpheus watched wednesday take off, in the direction that xavier and ajax had went.

"i'm not sure" he muttered, smirking at wednesday as he watched her back disappear farther into the trees. suddenly, a pebble hit aaron, who turned, only to come face to face with thing.

orpheus smirked as he watched thing flip aaron off, then run off. this intrigued aaron, who ran after thing. orpheus stayed seated, shooting enid a look as she walked up to the boat. "wednesday said you wouldn't mind" she said, smiling hesitantly. "oh, i don't. go ahead" he said, watching as enid's claws came out and she scratched the boat, which would cause water to seep in and inevitably sink them.

suddenly, orpheus' head was thrown back and he now stood alongside wednesday, both of them looking around in confusion. suddenly, a boy and a girl stood beside them. they were identical to them, the only difference being that they were blonde and wore old clothes.

orpheus' eyes narrowed at the boy in confusion as wednesday did the same to the girl. "you are the key." they said in unison, only further confusing the twins. as soon as they were there, they were gone and orpheus inhaled sharply as he brought his head back up, only to find aaron, ajax, and xavier back.

xavier held the flag as he stared at orpheus in concern "you okay?" he asked, his hand resting on orpheus' shoulder as the boy nodded. "you seen wednesday?" he asked, shooting enid a look of confusion. "uh, she was right behind us" ajax shrugged.

the three began to untie the boat and quickly rowed out, and orpheus could only frown at enid, who looked into the trees with concern. orpheus only relaxed and sighed in relief as he turned and saw enid's team begin to row out aswell, wednesday and the flag now with them.

"what's going on?" xavier loudly asked, staring down at the scratch marks in confusion. the four stopped rowing as their boat began to sink a bit, watching as enid's group passed by them, cheering.

"see ya, jokers!" they called after them, a proud smirk filling orpheus' face. from behind him, xavier groaned and fell back, his hat falling off as he called after them "cheaters!" orpheus only chuckled, taking his hat off and placing it at his feet.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
hello, i've had a bad couple of days so excuse this shitty update :)
anyways, my crush talked to me today tho🤭
he even asked where my glasses were and said he saw me wearing them this morning like, you noticed?? 🤭🤭💋
(im mentally ill)