fifteen.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

orpheus had spent his morning with enid, having been forced to help paint a boat. something about a race. during this time, orpheus had learned that wednesday had talked to sheriff galpin some more, after he had promised to not interrogate orpheus.

then, what came as an even bigger shock, was rowan showing up to school. a wide smile on his face as he strode in, completely making orpheus and wednesday seem like lunatics.

for a moment, orpheus did consider it because how could rowan be there, perfectly fine. not a scratch on him. yet orpheus and wednesday had been there to witness it all. he truly felt as if he was going insane.

orpheus knew him and wednesday were creepy, but he had never actually witnessed a murder. sure, he always spoke about it and made sarcastic jokes about it but now all he could hear were rowan's screams and the sound of his flesh tearing.

everyone assumed the twins were playing a cruel joke on everyone, one that nobody enjoyed, for obvious reasons. the blood had been ruled as pigs blood, or cornstarch. students then went on to assume that the bruises on their necks were inflicted by one another, in hopes of making their joke seem more realistic.

orpheus was broken out of his thoughts by enid's voice, "come on! let's work on those teeth, more scowl" she said, a frown adorning her face as she eyed the cat that orpheus had been painting. "the kitty is taking no prisoners" enid began, her eyes looking off into the distance for her next words.

"if bianca barclay wins again this year, i will literally scratch my own eyes out" enid grumbled, bringing her hands up to her face and pulling the skin of it down. "i would pay money to see that" orpheus said, his face set straight as he stood and stretched his back out.

"hey, enid?" orpheus asked, placing his paintbrush in a cup with water. enid only hummed in response, watching the girls continue painting. "you're nevermore's gossip queen, what's rowans story?" he asked, causing enid to pay full attention to him. 

"other than being a weird loner" enid paused and muttered "no offense" only being met by a head tilt and "none taken" from orpheus. "xavier thorpe's his roommate" she finally said, a small smile on her face as orpheus quietly groaned.

"if you had a cellphone, you could just text him and ask him" she said, shrugging before she turned to the girls that were  painting. "yoko. come on! flare those whiskers. the poe cup droops for no one" she said, frowning a bit as orpheus raised his eyebrows in amusement.

orpheus winced and began to walk away, on a quest to find wednesday. 'we need to talk' he thought, waiting a second before wednesday thought back, 'that we do'.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
10k reads is crazy asffff
anyways, i wrote this while i was high and im too tired to proof read rn so y'all get this😍