eighteen.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

later on in the day, orpheus stood beside wednesday, talking to thing, who hid behind a plant. thing had apparently followed rowan but lost him in the bathroom. the bathroom of all places.

"how do you lose him in a bathroom with no windows? a lefty wouldn't have failed me." wednesday scoffed, shaking her head as thing began to sulk. "don't sulk." orpheus scolded.

"we're going to have to find new evidence ourselves, since you lost our only lead." wednesday muttered angrily. orpheus opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by bianca.

"i see you finally made a friend, even if it is a plant." bianca said, smirking at the two. "we go for quality over quantity" orpheus smirked. the two walked away from her, wednesday sitting beside enid, who had pulled her into the seat that was beside her.

orpheus frowned, his eyes roaming the class, the only empty seat being beside xavier, who sighed softly. "there's an open spot next to me. if you can stand sitting that close to an elitist snob" xavier muttered, watching as orpheus sat down before going back to his sketchbook.

orpheus glanced down as xavier moved closer, his hand hovering over the drawing of a spider. orpheus tilted his head to the side in confusion as the spider began to come out the paper, seeming to come to life. xavier smiled proudly as orpheus watched the spider with interest in his eyes.

"i doubt orpheus is impressed by your tricks, mr. thorpe." ms. thornhill's voice spoke, causing orpheus to look up in surprise. "admit it, you're a little impressed." xavier muttered, a smirk on his face.

the smirk left as orpheus lifted his hand and smacked it down on the spider, watching as it became black dust. xavier rolled his eyes and frustratedly closed his sketchbook as giggles erupted throughout the class.

"wednesday, orpheus, we're thrilled to have you two join us on our journey into the world of carnivorous plants." ms. thornhill spoke, smiling as she placed a potted plant on her desk."now, who can tell us the name of this beauty?" she asked.

bianca went to raise her hand but wednesday spoke before she could, her voice monotone, "dendrophylax lindenii" she said, earning herself a glare from bianca. "otherwise known as the ghost orchid." the siren added.

"first discovered on the Isle of wight in 1854" orpheus quickly added, shooting bianca a smug grin. "very good, wednesday, orpheus. you may have competition for first chair, bianca." ms. thornhill said, causing the class to 'ooh' and snicker.

"wednesday or orpheus, perhaps you can identify the ghost orchid's greatest qualities." ms. thornhill suggested, and orpheus was ready to give it to wednesday until her voice filled his head. 'together' she thought.

"resilience and adaptability. it's able to thrive in even the most hostile environments." the two spoke, their monotone voices mixing together. bianca's face held shock but she quickly shook it off. "but it's mere presence can change the ecosystem, causing the established plants to reject it." she pointedly looked to the addams twins.

"usually because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked" the siren added, earning an eye roll from orpheus. "nothing a weed whacker couldn't fix." wednesday sneered.

"you can most certainly try" bianca retorted, a small smirk on her face. "are we still talking about flowers?" xavier asked, causing some students to laugh. "thank you, ladies and gentleman, for those illuminating insights. clearly the plants aren't the only carnivores in class today" ms. thornhill chuckled, continuing with the class.

orpheus leaned over in his seat, catching bianca's eyes. "watch your back" he muttered, smirking menacingly at bianca, whose eyes flashed with nervousness before looking away. from beside him, xavier shook his head, hiding a small grin behind his hand.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
last update for today! (i think)
anyways mainly posting to tell y'all that my friend gave me a reading today and hers are always accurate and it was abt like my crush and what he thinks and all that.
i'll summarize it for y'all but like basically we need to take risks bcs in the end, they'll lead to good things, then theres going to be joy and happiness.
lastly, it's like someone jumping into a new experience, like being in an unpleasant or unsatisfying situation and jumping into this new thing :))