twenty-eight.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

upon entering the weathervane, orpheus was hit with the smell of coffee. he was also greeted by tyler waving him over. he stood beside xavier, who sent daggers at him.

orpheus walked over to the two and stood beside xavier, who leaned against the counter with his arms crossed. the taller boy straightened out as orpheus approached, a small scowl present on his face.

"hey orpheus" tyler greeted, smiling at orpheus, who only nodded in greeting.

"i'll teach you two how to do things around here" tyler said, awkwardly smiling as the two boys stared at him in silence.

"so, first we have the uniforms" tyler pulled out two uniforms and held them out. "you're kidding, right?" xavier asked, staring at him with obvious distaste.

"no, i'm not" tyler said, holding the uniform out more in his direction until xavier finally grabbed it. "orpheus" tyler said, holding the other uniform out to him.

"this looks absolutely repugnant" orpheus scoffed, further inspecting the work uniform skeptically. from beside him, xavier snorted, quickly covering it up with a cough as tyler sent him a look.

"yeah well, i don't make the rules" tyler sighed, raising a brow at the addam's boy until he reluctantly took it. "i'll forever despise you for this" he said, tone flat as he glared down at the uniform.

"you guys can change in the bathroom, don't take long" the galpin boy said, ignoring orpheus' words and motioning in the direction of the bathroom. xavier immediately began heading towards the bathroom, orpheus following behind.

"so, you're still cool with tyler?" xavier asked, turning to look at orpheus. "yes. why wouldn't i be?" the addam's questioned, entering the bathroom and heading to the stall farthest from the door.

xavier didn't verbally respond but he did scoff and roll his eyes, walking into the stall beside orpheus.

an awkward and uncomfortable silence filled the bathroom, no sounds being made as both boys stood awkwardly in the stalls they had chosen.

the one to make the first move was xavier, who pulled his shirt off and hung it over top of the stall, it nearly hitting orpheus in the face. the boy only grumbled and began to change aswell, his movements sluggish.

he didn't want to wear the horrendous uniform. it was enough that he dressed up for the poe cup race, but having to dress up again in some stupid coffee shop uniform? he hated it.

orpheus swallowed thickly, having finished changing a while ago, he just stood there in silence. xavier seemed to finish aswell, seeing as his stall door opened and he walked out.

"orpheus?" he asked, knocking lightly on the door. "what?"

"are you done yet?" the taller of the two asked, and orpheus hesitated, before speaking. "brown's not my color." orpheus muttered, picking at the brown shirt in distaste.

"i'm sure you look good" xavier said, his foot steps walking away a bit, telling orpheus he went to stand in front of the mirror. "besides, brown's not my color either"

orpheus huffed before finally opening the door, his backpack clutched in his arms and a deep frown on his face.

he made eye contact with xavier through the mirror, he was hunched over the sink, previously looking at himself.

with unsure steps, orpheus went to stand beside him, now staring at himself in the mirror as xavier looked down at him with a soft smile that he missed to notice.

"you look wonderful" xavier muttered before straightening up. he gave orpheus no time to respond before he began to head for the door.

"you coming?" xavier asked, head cocked to the side as he held the door open. "unfortunately" orpheus bitterly muttered, walking out of the bathroom as xavier had motioned for him to go first.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
i originally had this whole big chapter planned with cute moments but my whole mind blanked and i just wrote this up quickly because i feel so bad taking long to update :/