thirty-four.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

after their walk and talk where xavier revealed that he knew about the twin's visions, xavier and orpheus had made it back to where they started at the beginning of the day. wednesday was quick to inform orpheus of her and thing's plan, which he was all for. who didn't love burning statues?

orpheus stood beside the bleachers, arms crossed and xavier at his side as he eyed wednesday sit beside her cello, a chilling look in her eyes. 'nice sweater' she thought, her eyes not looking at him as he glared at the side of her head. 'i hate you.' he thought back, watching as a small smirk grew on her face.

his glare was broken by the sound of the mayor's voice as he once again stood before them all. "it is my honor to celebrate our town's history and jericho's noble forefather, joseph crackstone." he said, a wide smile on his face as he clapped his hands together once.

"now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve." at this, orpheus scoffed, 'this is a load of bullshit' he thought bitterly, earning himself a barely noticeable nod from wednesday. from beside him, xavier glanced down at him in confusion, watching the exchange between the twins. 

"so together as one, our community and our friends at nevermore academy, we've built a monument to celebrate this memory. now, may the spirit of joseph crackstone be memorialized for eternity" the mayor smiled, and that was wednesday's cue to begin playing the cello.

almost immediately, the statue of crackstone was engulfed in flames and screams filled the area. the mayor ducked and ran away from the statue, watching it in shock as students rose from their seats and fled away from the burning statue.

wednesday stayed, face void of emotions as she continued to play the cello, her movements sped up as a proud smirk filled orpheus' face.

"come on!" xavier said from beside him, gripping orpheus' arm softly and beginning to pull the boy away from the chaos. orpheus let himself be pulled away, his eyes shining as he turned again and looked at the burning statue once more.

"did you know that would happen?" xavier asked once they were a safe distance away and orpheus tugged his arm out of his grip. after everyone had dispersed they mostly headed back to the school.

"perhaps" orpheus said, side eyeing xavier quickly as the taller of the pair chuckled. "you know you'll be in big trouble, right?" he questioned, ducking his head slightly to make eye contact with orpheus, who shrugged.

"maybe they'll finally expell us" he said, kicking a rock with his shoe as xavier huffed, "you really want to be expelled?" he asked, hands shoved into his pockets awkwardly. orpheus only hummed, before speeding up slightly, eager to get back and see what would happen.

—JUPITER SPEAKS!
i took a huge fucking nap today and made some cookies!!
i made sm for tmrw so i can give my friends some and i hope they like them. i lowkey want to get more into baking and hopefully i can make a small cake one day with like some cool mold bcs i bake my things in a small oven and i think that'd be cool idk
i also have a pinterest board full of cool things that i could bake one day 😩😩