thirty-three.

(   TRUE  

(   TRUE   .   CRIME.   )

the twins came back, their backs to the ground as they immediately sat up. thing was in front of them, moving around frantically.

"thing, we saw them!" wednesday exclaimed, looking at orpheus with wide eyes. at the sight of thing being confused, orpheus elaborated. "the girl and boy from our visions. their names are goody and simon addams"

"we believe they're our ancestors from four hundred years ago" wednesday added as the two stood up, dusting themselves off. orpheus softly groaned to himself as it softly began to rain, knowing it would rain harder in no time.

"let's get going" the boy muttered, bringing a hand up and using it to push his dark hair back. the twins began to walk, thing now perched on wednesday's shoulder.

they eventually came across some footsteps that were embedded deep into the mud and the twins leaned closer in confusion. "must've been the bearded man from earlier" wednesday suggested and the two began to follow the trail, before hearing a snarl in front of them.

orpheus didn't hesitate to run after it, going as fast as he could after it, "come on!" he called out behind him, not sparing a glance back to see if wednesday was behind him. his eyes were slightly squinted as the rain hit his face, pushing his hair back and further dampening it.

suddenly, he felt himself bump into something hard and tall, and he would have thought it were a tree had it not been for the arms that circled around his frame. "what the hell are you doing?" spoke the thing that caught him and it took orpheus a second longer to realize that it was xavier.

"i was following the monster" orpheus panted out, pushing himself away from xavier and shooting the other boy a deep glare. "you saw it? it's here? do you have a death wish or something?"

orpheus scoffed at his questions as he began to walk, shaking his head before eyeing xavier skeptically, "what are you doing here?" he asked the boy as he came to walk beside him, a black umbrella in his hand.

"i overheard and wednesday say you were checking out the old meeting house. it's lucky i showed up when i did" xavier hummed, and orpheus scoffed as he watched him look around, the rain falling harder than before around them.

"i did learn one thing" orpheus began, and xavier's look of wonder was enough for him to continue talking. "the monster is human. it's tracks turned from monster prints to human ones" he finished, and immediately xavier perked up.

"show me" he demanded, and orpheus sighed in disappointment, "the rain washed them all away" he muttered, glaring forward bitterly as xavier scoffed from beside him. "i know what i saw" orpheus added after seeing the look of doubt on xavier's face.

"i'm trying to keep an open mind" the taller of the two said, and orpheus chuckled sarcastically, "how big of you" he muttered bitterly.

"i do think you might be right about rowan" xavier said after a beat of silence between the two, and this caught orpheus' attention. "why the sudden change of heart?" he asked, brows raised as xavier sighed to himself.

"i texted him again today, i said maybe we could go snowboarding like we did last year" the boy admitted before continuing, "this time he texted right back, said he wouldn't be able to make it"

"only you never went snowboarding last year" orpheus muttered in realization after seeing xavier's expression. the taller boy gazed down at the addam's with a frown. "part of me wanted to blame his recent weirdness, i didn't want to think something bad had happened"

"the cover-up is always worse than the crime" orpheus muttered, as his hands came up to rub his arms, a shiver racking his body. he only wore the white button up shirt that was a part of his uniform, the rain that had soaked through it leaving him awfully cold.

"you're cold" xavier noted, a frown adorning his face as he reached his hand into his bag, which orpheus had only now noticed he had. "i'm not" the boy muttered stubbornly, jaw clenched as he saw xavier's hand come back out holding onto a black sweater.

"take it or you'll catch a cold" xavier muttered, eyes boring into orpheus' with an intensity that made orpheus squirm slightly. the shorter boy was confused, having no idea why he was reacting in such a way but nonetheless his hand reached out and grabbed the sweater, muttering a thanks as he slipped it on.

—JUPITER SPEAKS!
i'm back!!!
decided to take a small break from this seeing as a lot of things have happened involving percy but xavier is now faceless!!
orpheus & xavier can be faceless bfs<3
also, changed some things so lmk what u think abt it:)