11- stars and promises

"When I blow hot your words are ice on a summers day, taking my heat and making it less fiery. When I am cold you are hot chocolate by the hearth, warming every part of me - body, mind and soul. When I am afraid you are my shield, a safe place to wait out life's storms. When shadows come you are the light, as bright as any midwinter star. You soothe me, bring peace and balance, that's why I need you... that I love you is just as mysterious as any other deep feeling, coming from my core, telling me after the bond was made, never seeking permission" jungkook says with a little shade of pink rising up his pale cheeks.

"Kook you're really cute sometimes" I chuckle and stare up at the blanket of stars engulfing us.

The night sky seemed really pretty with me lying down in jungkook's lap and both of us looking up at our star; the star which we decided to name after us so that it could be a proof of our love which would tear apart only when the black hole tried sucking the whole galaxy in.

"Y/N can we stay like this forever? I don't want things to change, I don't want boss kang to find us out...should we run far away from here and start a family of our own?"

"Do you want to start a family with me?" I giggle at the thought of having little jeons running all around our house.

"Yes, I want to give you all the happiness in the world" he replies before planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Your breath smells like vanilla, did you eat ice cream without me again?" I ask with a small, angry pout.

"Yeah do you want to have some too?"

"Of course!" I nod happily.

Did jungkook really buy me ice cream?

"Then take it" he says before suddenly pressing his lips on mine.

My eyes widen in shock even though I should've known by now that jungkook always does surprising things without any warnings.

His kiss is not at all the same as those movie stars, but one steeped in a passion that ignites. It is the promise of realness, of the primal desire that lives in us all. And with it he tells me that he is awake, connected within, that he embraces himself rather than hide as a copy of those romantic idols.

"I don't taste any vanilla"

"You will if you keep going for a while" he replies, voice low and husky.

I tilt my head a little to deepen the kiss. It is slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rests below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingle. I run my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there is no space left between us and I can feel the beating of his heart against my chest. This is way better than vanilla.

He begins nuzzling my neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they are whispers. I love him so much, I don't think I will ever be able to survive without him anymore. Jeon Jungkook is a drug and I'm highly addicted with no signs of rehabilitation centres around.

"I can't wait to make a baby with you" he finally pulls away and smiles warmly, wiping a droplet of tear away from my cheek which I didn't realise was falling.

"Please don't change, never ever" I say and pat with his soft hair.

"I won't, I promise to love you till my last breath" he says, taking his pinky finger out to intertwine with mine.

"Till death do us apart" we both say together while making a pinky promise.

But then a huge bang comes from behind the backyard which leads me to immediately shut my eyes close really tight because of how loud it sounded and when I open them, I see jungkook's figure collapsed beside mine. His lips tremble when he tries to speak and the only word he says is a weak "sorry".

My perception of time distorts, everything slows down until there is nothing, only me and the sky above, the sky that seemed to swallow me whole. My hand reaches out, kissing the sky, grasping the endless crevasse of blue. Everything turns into a blur, a blur that swirls out of existence. Suspended in the air, I close my eyes and surrender myself into the infinite sky above, we both got shot.

I knew this would happen, we both knew but still we were hoping for some more time...how naive of us. Maybe if we stayed indoors, we could have had atleast one more day...just maybe.
"If he can't be mine, then he won't be anyone else's" someone shouts which I assume to be hyerin, her voice barely audible.

"I told you to come back home dearest daughter, didn't I? Now see his whole gang die"

sir kang? Is that him?

"Sorry"; the word keeps ringing in my eardrums. We hadn't even made our promise properly but it already decided to get broken by itself and jungkook was thinking it was all his fault.

I don't think I even experienced happiness in this life but maybe I will in the next one.

I turn my head to face him, his eyes which were wide open and staring into mine.

"Maybe we are not meant to be" he chuckles with a gentle caress on my cheek.

No no no this is going wrong. It's not supposed to end like this. No this can't be real, I can't lose jungkook. We haven't even experienced life.

"Y/N wake the fuck up" yoongi shakes my shoulders aggresively, making me jolt up from jungkook's lap with my eyes all teary and beads of sweat trickling down my forehead.
"It's been 30 fucking minutes. My thighs are asleep now" jungkook says and flicks my temple with his brows slanted inwards.

What did I just dream about oh god.