53 - Childhood

Returning from a local 24/7 store with bandages all piled up in your hands, you thank the lady standing at the counter and head out to see jungkook sitting on a bench with his eyes fixed on his phone screen.

His blood was still flowing but the quantity wasn't that heavy since he had wrapped his jacket around his back; still very risky though.

And this time you had actually gone to the shop and bought items legally with the raven haired's credit card, no stealing at all.

But still received weird looks from the owner for being covered in cuts and mud.

"Hey, I brought everything" you exhale and sit down next to jungkook, "let me bandage you first"

"Not here, we need to go somewhere safe first" he says in an oddly low tone, the grip on his phone tightening as he glances up at the inky sky.

His mind was a mess from the texts he had gotten from mister lee so it could clearly be reflected from his actions.

Scrunching your face at the energy the usual jungkook was lacking, you part your lips to speak again, "Are you alright? Let me bring a bottle of water for you if you feel nauseous, you lost a lot of blood-"

I'm okay, I've just been informed that an attack was placed on our mansion while bangtan was on a mission to rescue you" he responds with an exhausted sigh.

"ATTACK?" you jolt upwards but immediately sit back down when your tailbone creates a crack sound, making the guy in front of you laugh at your cuteness.

"Mhm, not a big deal. Mister lee- I mean one of the mid tiers were there to get everyone to a safe place"

"Ohh, so why do you still look sad? Everyone is safe right?"

"I'm just worried..."

"Worried for what?"

"Hyerin, she's been acting weird lately" jungkook buries his face in his palms, "her obsession keeps hiking up and I'm afraid I might hurt her if this continues"

Should I tell him what happened? But it will make him more worried...Hyerin is really giving him a hard time by mistaking her craziness for love.

Smiling widely, you place your hand on the injured male's back and ask the question you had been thinking of ever since you got to know him, "don't you like her even in the tiniest amount?"

Jungkook's eyes flicker in the dim moonlight as he stares at you, the concerned look on your face, the crinkling of your nose, pouting of lips, eyelashes fluttering so gently over your soft cheeks, every minute detail.

"I know I look ugly, you don't have to stare" you mumble, followed by a sarcastic hair flip to which he grabs your wrist and suddenly pulls you closer until his breath fans your neck's skin.

The little gesture gives birth to goosebumps all over your arms and the tall guy grins, knowing the effect he had started to have on you.

"I don't, I feel nothing towards her. Not love, not hatred, its empty" he murmurs.

empty?

jungkook's flashback

"Alright, checkmate" mister choi says, sitting across the table with arms folded on either sides.

On the other end was my dad, tension building up in his veins once he observed how difficult the game was becoming for him.

"God, the amount of anger I feel right now" he chuckles, cracking his knuckles, "even my wife never made me this angry"

"Jia? You both are never going to get along are you?" Mister Choi rests his chin on the back of his hand and grins.

"Not when her bitch ass cheated on me with boss kang" dad answers pretty rudely, fingers hesitating to make the next move.