16- drip drip

As soon as the note comes to me at a distance close enough for my hands to grasp it, I take the chance and extend my arm forward but when I get a hold of it, my forelimb swings back with a crash on the wall.

"Ouwh, damn these chains" I wince because of the sudden hit but either way, I got what I needed so I should get reading before jungkook comes here.

Leaning a bit to the side for moonlight to enter so I won't have to squint and stress my eyes, I slowly unfold the note passed by namjoon.

The paper is crisp and clean, not a mark on its almost sparkling surface. Brand new and sharp edges glisten in the dim light and my heart starts beating faster for some reason.

Let's just get reading.

"Your parents didn't just die y/n, they were killed"

My body freezes as I read the line over and over again. I read until I am almost cross-eyed and the words merge into nonsense.

What am I supposed to understand from this? How come you even know my parents?

Flipping the paper to the other side to search for more clues, I see a name written on it in the tiniest handwriting possible, it reads

"Kang jinwoo"

No, a lie. It's a lie.

But if it's a lie then why are you understanding it y/n? Didn't you always know about this even though you tried to cover it up by saying it was just your mind weaving false stories?

The voice in my head starts whispering again but this time, its tone is stern.

I'm starting to go fucking insane. Fuck you namjoon, my apa died in a tragic car accident and mister kang saved me. He was there for me when no one else was and I'll always be grateful to him with my whole heart.
But even so, my chest feels heavy. I face the wall, my face creases and I close my fists so tight, crumbling the paper in between my fingers, I can feel the sweat trapped inside them.

I want to go home, I have questions to ask my dad. I always ran away from what my heart was pointing at because where is the proof? Where are the keys that hint about the murderer of my father?

You aren't helping me at all tall dude, just making me even more confused and helpless. I met you 10 minutes ago and you're expecting me to believe what you are saying and that too something which is written on a piece of paper.

"I won't believe this shit" I shout, throwing the crushed note away to the corner before rising on my feet unsteadily only to slump back down on the wooden plank. Why is this night going so slowly?

Pulling my bruised knees closer to my chest, I let all the negative emotions fill me up, the fake hope I was giving myself till now comes down tumbling. Everything I had predicted is coming true, turning 18 was the biggest mistake I ever did.

"It wasn't a mistake, it just had to be, your apa knew"

"Can you shut up for once?" I mutter, running my fingers through my tangled hair. Why does this stupid voice always have to speak during the darkest times?

My tears mingle with the almost dried rainwater and my gasping wails echoe around the gravestones.

The pain that was flowing from me right now was as palpable as the frigid fall wind.

However, the sad thing was that no one could comfort me.

I'm so exhausted please just tell me what is going on.

Sharp pain lances through my head and colorful spots flash right in front of my eyes, it feels like my whole body has been beaten, every movement causing some muscle or bone to ache.