48 - Trick Or Treat

Jungkook blankly stares at hobi for a few seconds before letting out a fake chuckle.

"Hyung, don't be absurd" he mumbles, giving a light pat on his back before making another attempt to exit the chamber but hoseok doesn't let him this time.

Instead, the ebony hair twists jungkook entirely in his direction and gives him a glare, his eyes containing a sense of deadness, a stillness. The boy who laughed often, the one who was everyone's friend had developed a hardness.

"You do know that I am the real son of boss choi right? I can become the leader of bangtan by simply saying I'm ready for the title. And as a far as I know, no one would like that to happen since I'm a cripple who cannot even defend himself"

Everyone in the room suddenly falls silent after hearing those words.

They knew it, they knew jung hoseok was supposed to be the actual leader but he himself repeating it to remind everyone was something rare to happen because hobi never really talked about the hierarchy, he just wanted the gang to stay in peace.

"So, jungkook if you don't want me to completely ruin your hardwork by sinking the whole empire you've raised within your time of reign, you better follow what I say"

Once hoseok completes speaking, jungkook stiffens himself and clears his throat. All four start to compose themselves, like actors going on the stage. And then yoongi softly, almost wistfully, opens and holds the gate for the others to pass.

Namjoon slunks meekly in, and sits on the wooden slab in the background. Seokjin stalks in expressionless, and hovers towards where his friend had seated himself.

"Are you sure you're ready though? Can you run or look out for danger?" The youngest questions to which hobi nods his head.

"I might not be of much help but two is always better than one. I cannot afford to lose you after my dad"

Reminiscing the past, jungkook grits his teeth and gently pulls the other male by his hand, "we need some guns first, just in case"

However, right when he had taken a step on the surface outside the chamber, he spots taehyung peeking in, his broad chest heaving from informing all the guards to scan the whole mansion.

"I'll go with you too" he pants in breathless-ness.

"What? No you won't-"

"I will! It was because of m-me that she escaped, I'll bring her back"

"If hobi is going then I will join too, I don't want to stay here overthinking everything" jin's voice cuts through the thick air.

With confusion settling in jungkook's mind, he hesitantly glances at yoongi who bobs his head, "count me in as well"

Now only one person hadn't shown interest yet, kim namjoon.

Four pairs of brown orbs, except jungkook's, stare at the tall man behind with high expectations from him.

Namjoon runs out of words to turn them down, his tongue doing somersaults inside his own mouth.

"You're in, right?" Jin asks and rubs the brunet's neck that still had jeon's fingerprints imprinted on it.

"Only to make sure hope is kept safe" he says, trying to avoid eye contact with the other men.

"Oh my god this is the first time we will be working as a gang after like three or four years! I'm so excited!!" Hobi exclaims, clapping his hands in pure joy.

"Hey hey hyung" jungkook holds him by his shoulders while doing his best to not smile, "focus on the goal for now, alright? We need to find y/n"

It would be a lie to say jungkook wasn't happy, he surely was to work with his namjoon hyung once again; the guy he grew up looking at in the form of an idol no matter how much he tried to deny it. But still, his heart felt heavy because you weren't there.