65 - Details Matter

Jimin leans forward to press the off button of the television before letting out a deep sigh.

Your eyes were watery with tears but they didn't dare to spill without your permission. You had been living in a lie for twelve years of your life and hated kang jinwoo with your entire heart for it.

But deep down, you also blamed yourself a little for being so naive, for not doing your own research and for blindly believing whatever he fed your ears with.

Jungkook sucks in a sharp breath, looking at the way you unconsciously clench your fists in rage and regret.

However, he understands you need time to process everything so he doesn't try to interfere your thoughts. Instead, he just squeezes your hand a little to remind you that what happened in the past wasn't your fault at all.

And that little gesture from him is all it takes for you to wrap yourself around his body, seeking comfort and solace.

As cliche as it could sound, jungkook was the only one who could feel your pain at the moment, your losses were the same although you grew up in different environments and that was what pulled you towards him the most.

"You know what happened after that right?" He asks, gently caressing your hair.

You hesitate to speak for a few seconds, afraid that you would be proved wrong again.

The amnesia caused by mister kang and past trauma had a sort of cerebral buzz when thoughts tried to access whatever was blocked. Some parts of your head were doors forever locked and some of them had been jammed due to passage of time.

"The car accident I guess?" You reluctantly respond to which the raven haired nods.

"Yeah, I was still at the hospital when that happened" he says as you snuggle closer to his chest.

You were more than grateful to have somebody to share your grief with, there was atleast one person who had been through the same shit as you and that was giving you hope of something new: a fresh start.

"So it all happened because of mister kang right?" You question.

"Totally, he's the mastermind behind all of this" jimin exclaims, "you know when I was returning from the club, he sent a female agent after me and that too with a whole dagger like she came straight for my neck no kidding"

"What a tragedy you survived" jungkook murmurs underneath his breath.

"Did you say something?"

"I just said it would be cool if you died, nothing to be offended about"

"Excuse me-"

"Can you two stop for some time" jin suddenly shouts at the other two men, "how are you not traumatised after watching that video oh my fucking god I feel so bad for our ex leaders"

"Maybe because we've already watched it two times before?" Jimin awkwardly smiles just to get slapped across his butt by the eldest brother.

You avert your gaze from the guys to the view outside your window, today's day was really gloomy just like your mood.

You felt so so betrayed by boss kang, the man you thought you owed your life to had turned out to be the one who ruined it actually.

"Do you want to go get some fresh air?" Jungkook asks as he gets up from the couch and you couldn't say anything much except for nodding.

"When are we going to watch the dvd 04 then?" Yoongi questions.

"Maybe later, I just saw my dad die in front of my eyes so I need some time to recover"