31- Fragile heart

"I thought when life gets unfair for you, you can either be a person, delicate and fragile like hobi hyung or you can be a person tough and heartless like me....turns out there are people like you too who don't fall in any of those two categories" jungkook finally speaks after staying silent for almost ten minutes.

"Really? What type of person am I?" I ask, resting my chin on his shoulder which makes him giggle like a small baby.

"Innocent"

Innocent? Only that?

Jungkook's incomplete answer makes me wonder on what type of person I really am. I don't think I even have my own personality because I've always acted the way mister kang wanted me to, have never dared to break the rules set by him or oppose any of his decisions.

In other words, I am just him.

When both your parents die and you get adopted by a third person, that is what happens. You become exactly like them because they're the only branch you can cling to if you don't want to fall.

"I wish I could be more badass" I mumble with a sad sigh.

Imagine being tall and pretty, a girl who can hold a gun without misbalancing herself, a girl who doesn't cry when a bug bites her, a girl who knows how to ride a bike.

Cannot be me.

"I like you the way you are" jungkook says, shushing my thoughts down.

"That's easy for you to say because you are super badass while I am-"

"Opposites attract"

Hearing those two words fall from his mouth actually feels like getting a punch right on my face. But this time, it's me hurting myself.

"We are not magnets"

"Can you please try to understand the meaning behind my words, not just the exterior alphabets?"

"I can't, they didn't teach me how do it in homeschool"

"Alright then, guess I'll have to teach that to you as well"

This guy doesn't feel like my kidnapper anymore, more like a long lost friend with whom I lost touch. Better keep this friendship going if I don't want to die soon.

"Oh by the way you said you don't like Hyerin but you still brought her a dress from france huh? I see what you're trying to do" I wiggle my eyebrows aggressively and look at him through the mirror.

Jungkook's long hair strands fly all the way back, unveiling his eyebrow piercings and forehead as he shakes his head.

"I don't feel anything towards her and if I'm being truthful to myself then hyerin doesn't either. She thinks she likes me because she felt the little attraction during her teen years" he says "and since we were always together, she got so used to the feeling that now even though it's gone, she refuses to believe it"

Uh what happened again?

"Sorry but I don't understand" I yell louder because of the wind slapping my face.

"In her story, I am the third person y/n. She didn't have both her parents so when I offered her help, she automatically gave herself away and yeah we ended up this way, I'll tell the whole story to you someday when we are free and not on a bike. I mean, the dust is going inside my mouth now.

"Then why in the world would you buy her a dress and treat her well? To deadass play with her heart you cold gang leader?"

"Stoppppp" jungkook whines, crinkling the corners of his eyes "I would feel guilty if I went outside the country and brought her nothing. I'm extremely grateful for all she has done for me in times I felt alone so-"