41 - Truth or not

Using my instincts to trudge towards where the knife fell, I grab it with my tied up hands and cut through the knot.

"I swear it was agent D's plan, I didn't want to do this in the first place, I'm so sorry boss jeon" the totally freaked out guy says, his voice almost failing to deliver the message.

"Oh yeah?" Jungkook chuckles and I hear the sound of him reloading his gun, "this is what I get for being nice, right? I shouldn't have trusted people like you"

Quickly getting my hands free from the tight grasp of that stupid rope, I proceed to open my blindfold and the first thing I see is a bloodstained floor and agent D's limp body, his red fluid staining my dress.

looks familiar...

*flashback*

"Apa, is there cake for me at home today? Is mum home? Did she prepare a gift?" I ask multiple questions while walking hand in hand with my dad, finally returning back from kindergarten.

"Choi y/n is so excited for her sixth birthday, isn't she?" My dad laughs and pokes my cheek gently.

Nodding my head, I hum a little rhyme before speaking again, "will hobi oppa come to my birthday party today?"

"Party? When did I say we are going to have a party sweetheart?"

"But you said there will be mum, Mrs. Jung, the special kid and one more friend of mine"

"Ahh...right, our own family party" he laughs.

"If hobi oppa is coming today then I need to get home fast and hide my barbie dolls! He always trims their hair when I'm not around" I reply and fasten my pace but stop when dad suddenly lifts me up from my underarms.

"Don't worry, he won't do that today"

"He will! I know him and his cruel plans"

"But there's jeon jungkook too, he won't let hobi mess with your toys"

Kook is here too? It's going to be a fun day then.

Jeon Jungkook, the special kid or I can also call him my bodyguard since he had once fought a big puppy for me once; bad big puppy actually and that's when I first met him.

"Kookie is nice, I'll give him the biggesttt piece of cake today" I giggle, clapping my hands as we now stand in front of our little apartment's main door.

Dad steadily reaches his free hand out and presses the doorbell for two-three times but when no one replies, he clicks his tongue against the seam of his mouth in annoyance.

"Haven't they returned from the bakery yet?" He mumbles underneath his breath before twisting the doorknob open.

And that's where my happiness ends, permanently.

Blood, hobi, mom.

People called us the cursed family for a reason.

"Mum?" My pupils enlarge in shock when I see her figure lying down on the corridor, crimson coloured liquid flowing from her tummy onto the footmat and hobi oppa by her side, his shirt wet from all the tears he was shedding.

"Apa" he sniffles, "uncle k-kang...jungkook".

My dad puts me down on my feet as I stare at my mother's dead body, her lips that sang sweet rhymes to me each night, hands that had gentleness you couldn't help but trust, had become greyish and stiff.

The raw smell of blood, so suffocating.

"Y/N, honey, go to the neighbour's house and stay there okay? Listen to apa please, Mrs. Jung will be there in no time"