39 - chaos

Moss-laden bricks of grey-orange, fit as guards on the threshold behind the ancient wrought-iron gates where rows upon rows of crumbling mounds stand in various interpretations of upright, their pores bathing in light from an ill sun, ailing. Porous trees hunch over most of the void spared by the sickening light's expanse, plunging the rest in healthy shadow.

"Y/N are you ready yet?" I hear jungkook call my name, my gaze still fixed on the scenery out of the window.

Joining my palms together while the maid tightens my corset, I turn back to see him in a black suit and of course, kim taehyung too.

"Where are we going?" I question before looking down at the black dress I was wearing.

"Have you still not recovered from it?" Jungkook lets out an exasperated sigh and glances at tae who does the same, "it's okay y/n, we will be fine"

"But I am genuinely confused"

Without saying anything, the younger male comes towards me and intertwines his fingers with mine, "let's finish this already, okay?"

Quietly nodding so as to not make myself look stupid, I let him pull me towards the staircase which led to the scenery I was staring at not too long ago.

The same, spiral staircase.

"Take care, miss y/n" the maid says with her glossy tear filled eyes.

"She will, you should take some rest too noona. You have been working continuously since last week" jungkook gently smiles and guides me to the exit.

With each step I take forward, I hear my bones crack and my chest feels heavy.

At other times, I would skip steps and jump around. However, today I sensed my body to be physically drained of all the energy.

The knitted gray scarf that hung around my neck loosely flies as the billowing wind brushes through my ebony hair. The sun was already below the horizons, giving my hair a more brownish hue.

Slowly looking upwards to see hyerin crying by the bonfire and around six other maids, I tilt my head in confusion.

"Thank god you guys are here" namjoon comes running to our group of three, his breath shallow but still stable "The ceremony will be starting in two minutes, hurry up"

Ceremony?

Scratching the back of my head with my free hand, I feel something cool touch my scalp and bring my palm forward to see a sapphire ring; on my ring finger.

"Who gave me this?" I mumble to myself but jungkook hears me and grabs both my shoulders.

"I know you're dissapointed in me y/n but please stop acting this way" he gulps, eyebrows furrowed in full seriousness "I love you, I'm sorry I wasn't just able to choose between you and him"

"I don't understan-"

"It's been two years of our marriage, you cannot let our love for each other die because of another person who you had no personal connection with

Head spinning in complete confusion, my eyes cautiously travel towards jungkook's ring finger.

The same sapphire ring.

No, it can't happen.

The sounds of people chatting and doors slamming shut suddenly sound way louder than usual, it almost feels like someone put the world on a ferris wheel and for now, I just want to sit down.