35 - Chase

T/W: usage of guns and strong language has been mentioned in this chapter.

As I face forward and blindly sprint with jungkook by my side, holding my hand; I realise that my ponytail was rising behind me, sort of tickling my neck which was making it hard for me to not giggle.

"Is it wrong for me to laugh at a moment like this?" I ask, hearing nothing except my feet slapping the concrete floor, sending me jetting past the various figures that blur in my speed.

Jungkook grins and shakes his head, "I like people who laugh at wrong timings"

"You're so weird"

"So are you for running with your kidnapper.

Feeling the wind whip my face, I at last decide to just let my laugh out.

"Fuck life" managing to say that between my crazy laughs, I wipe my neck from all the hair strands continuously trying to tickle it more.

"You know once we get past that big tree in front, we might have to sit down for a while" jungkook mumbles, his chest rising and falling with every movement of his lower body.

"Huh? Why? We might get caught if we do that"

"That's exactly why"

Not understanding what jungkook's point was, I give him a confused face and continue to focus on my breathing instead. I could already feel my lungs cramping and doing its utmost to appease my need for oxygen.

"Do you know how to use a gun?"

The raven haired's strange question makes me narrow my lips in a thin line, "why?"

"Tonight is gonna be the best night of your life baby" he replies before increasing his speed, his fingers slipping away from mine at the same time.

"What makes you say so?" I ask and quicken my pace until steps become leaps, my feet flying over stones and leaves.

Jungkook turns back to give me a wink but still doesn't answer properly, "you'll know when the time comes"

Someone needs to teach this guy how to reply to things straight without talking in code language.

Ignoring what he just said, I pump my legs to gain momentum with each push. I don't know why but I had this sudden urge to get past him, even though this wasn't a race between us.

However, jungkook notices me desperately trying to push myself forward so he decreases his pace instead, "go on, win over me while I give you the chance to do so"

I didn't want to win this way though, I wanted to do it on my own. Sometimes, I just liked to struggle for things, seeing that I had been spoonfed almost all my life.

"Nope" I chuckle and angle my position slightly to the right so I could check whether someone was behind me.

But the road turns out to be entirely empty except some dogs who had decided to join us on our run.

"Woah we have gotten way past the shop" I gasp after being impressed by our speed.

"That's what happens when you run with jeon jungkook" the tall male cockily says "by the way, you might have to fire a gun later on so stay prepared"

Hearing the words 'gun', 'fire' and 'you' in the same sentence, I widen my eyes at jungkook, begging for it to be a joke on the inside.

"No way, stop kidding about guns" I respond "they scare me"

As blood flows into all my limbs, a thin layer of sweat covers the back of my shoulder.

It was definitely inconvenient to run in a dress and I too had no idea how I was doing it so far.