58 - His Hostage

"Get, set, go!" Y/N shouts in excitement as her two best friends start climbing the small apple tree her grandfather had in his backyard.

"Jungkook is cheating again!" The brunette haired boy shrieks, looking at the way his opponent was purposely stepping on his white tennis shoes to get them dirty.

"Everything is fair in love and war" a naughty little jungkook laughs, "and this is war! World war three!!"

"Yah! Take it slow boys, don't hurt each other" grandpa smiles, filming them go all the way up.

Since jungkook had already gotten a head start from the very beginning, he was using the opportunity to swing from one tree to the other in full speed, in fact, he was moving so swiftly that he could barely see the branches ahead.

"Kook! Slow down or you might fall and hit the ground" namjoon says in growing concern.

"Catch me if you can hyung" the younger boy notoriously teases.

Y/n who was busy preparing the flower crown for the winner looks up from her spot to see namjoon and jungkook swinging back and forth while howling at the same time, they looked like literal monkeys to her.

"Grampa joon oppa and I climbed these trees yesterday too" she says, attracting the attention of her grandfather.

"You can climb trees too now?" He chortles before patting her head.

"Yep namu taught me how to! He's really good at it because he has super long legs"

"I see, you must remember to be careful though or else you might hurt yoursel-"

"HELP"

A sudden scream makes both y/n and grand-dad shift their gaze to the trees once again.

Namjoon in a desperate attempt to surpass jungkook had accidentally gotten hold of a thin branch which was now starting to break due to his weight.

On hearing the cry of his brother, jungkook stops in his tracks at once and starts going back to where he had come from.

"Hang in there hyung, I'm coming" He instructs as his arms grab the tree branches one after the other.

"Namjoon ah try to go towards the main trunk slowly" grandpa says, his forehead creased because of the bright sun rays falling directly into his eyes.

Namjoon tries to reach his hand out to hold the trunk but instead a sharp twig falls from the bough above and hits him right on his cheek, making blood ooze out from it.

However, before he could get a chance to cry or fall down due to the slip of his hand, jungkook swiftly grabs his limb and pulls him upwards, letting y/n and grandpa heave a sigh of relief.

"My c-cheek hurts"

"Don't cry hyungie, you'll get a tattoo there later. Just like I do" jungkook says as both of them sit down on a big, strong branch, "look I have one too" he points at his face where he had gotten a scar after a rough drive with his dad, running away from the cops was never a piece of cake no matter how experienced you were.

"That's not a tattoo, it's a-"

"It's a mark of a strong man! Appa has it too" y/n giggles, holding up the two crowns she had finished making at last, "right grampa?"

"Yupp, now come down and let me put some medicine over your first mark as a strong man mister kim namjoon"

"And your crowns too. One for each! one for each!"

"Whatever you say" namjoon laughs as he climbs down the tree carefully along with his 'saviour'.

- end of dvd 02 -