47 - Family Ties

"Hey! Who's there?"

Hearing a manly voice shout which I assume belongs to either one of the two guards who were originally standing at the main exit, I accidentally drop the keys along with the lock on a bush not too far away and begin to run.

My feet slip outwards on the grassy bare ground as I round the corner, the cold midnight air shocking my throat and lungs as I inhale deeper, faster. With each footfall a jarring pain shoots ankle to knee, ankle to knee while my surroundings blurr due to my speed.

"I hope they didn't see me" I mumble and tighten my grip around the umbrella's steel handle.

My footsteps pound on the narrow road which had trees surrounding it on both sides as my lungs start to strain for oxygen in the humid weather.

I'm sorry I couldn't bid a farewell to you jungkook but I have to go back, not only for myself but also for all my unanswered questions.

I want to know my past and only mister kang can provide me with that information so maybe we will meet again, if I make it through these woods.

Wincing at the vague sting on my thigh, I turn back to see if anyone was following me but the road seemed empty; just covered with mist since fog was embracing every tree, every square centimetre of the ground.

The air was thick with moisture. No longer were the branches static, they bent like ocean kelp, twisting in the unseen currents which nearly made me scream in surprise.

At my side, my fingers curl into a sweaty fist, swinging forward as if it would make me faster

"Please God, let me live." I cry out loud and throw myself forward with even greater abandon. My lungs and heart were pumping, but the air didn't seem to be enough as I sprinted forward, panic trembling in my exhausted limbs.

Stopping in my tracks when I accidentally step on a large pool of soft, sticky matter created from the mixing of earth and water, I purse my lips in anger.

Great, now my feet will even make squelching sounds while running.

Sighing, I place my palm on my chest and feel it heaving, my heart doing its best to spread blood through my forelimbs.

Hesitantly tilting my umbrella to the side to see sudden lightning shred though the sky like a spear thrown by a furious deity, piercing the sludge and shattering the earth underneath, propelling mud like shrapnel, obliterating anything in its path, I wonder if I'll ever reach the town.

The wind was too strong and on top of that, the umbrella I had with me was only able to cover my main body, my arms and shoulders were all wet.

However, I still have to cover a distance while I have the energy to do so or else the gang might reach me.

With that thought, I start to sprint again. To where the town might be, I didn't know. But I knew I need to get out of here.

My dirty slippers hit the grass with all the grace of a sack of wet concrete as my raspy throat feels as parched as a dead lizard in the desert sun. My head bobs loosely from side to side with each footfall and my eyes feel heavy in their sockets, don't you dare feel sleepy right now y/n.

Just the thought of having a kim taehyung somewhere in the woods, looking at me as if I'm his prey keeps me going past all the tall trees whose leaves were being pulled out by the harsh wind.

My thigh burns due to a few water droplets splattering on it through the pajama's thin cloth, I can't keep this pace for long.

-end of y/n's pov-

"Do you need extra bullets?" Jin questions, his index finger grazing through all the different boxes kept in the storage room.

Jungkook nods as he wraps his right hand which had gotten bruised by beating the shit out of agent A in a bandage, "I'd actually prefer having backup but since taehyung is angry with me this time..."