Enter Chitti

"Manmeet, please."

"No, Gunjan. I said no and it's final."

Manmeet Chatterjee felt a wave of frustration wash over her as she sat opposite her younger sister, frowning. Why did she have to do what she didn't want to? She was not someone who'd change for anyone, even her beloved, younger sister.

Gunjan scowled at her sister and reached for the papers before her, snatching them and placing them behind her.

"Gunjan, return my plans." her tone was warning.

"No." she refused to give in, "I mean, sis, can't you find a life or something instead of making these plans all day? I'm sure even Vicky feels the same way. Hell, he has divorced! And you haven't even held a boy's hand before! And you are fucking 30!"

"So what, Gunjan? I will not allow myself to be defined by the world's standards." she affirmed, arms akimbo as she knelt on the bed beside Gunjan. And she had done more than hold dozens of boys' hands, but her younger sister didn't have to know that piece of information.

Before the younger Chatterjee could come up with a retort, someone did from outside the room.

"She is right, Chitti! When would you bring a guy home? You deceived me and your dad for years that there was something going on between you and Vicky, only to find out last week that he was preparing for a divorce! Divorce, Chitti!"

Vaishali Chatterjee stood at the doorway, ready to pounce on her first daughter. She turned to her husband, Tarun, who had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Will you still support your daughter who is single and not searching?! There is no guy that interests her. And it's because of those plans she spends time on all day. At this rate, she is married to her work!"

Tarun didn't say anything but his silence showed that he was thinking along the same lines. Why wasn't Chitti interested in other guys her age?

Manmeet sighed and backed down with all the eyes in her household staring her down. She sat down and placed her head in her hands.

"Do I really have to go to this dumb party?" her question was directed at Gunjan, laced with vexation.

"Of course, sis! Reena told me that Rajkumar Reddy would be there!" she blurted out.

Her parents shot her surprised glances. Who was this Rajkumar Reddy and why did Chitti look agitated?

Manmeet jumped and placed her hand over Gunjan's mouth, who was trying not to laugh so loud by now. She eagerly looked over at her curious parents.

"I don't know this Rajkumar Reddy. She's talking nonsense."

Visibly agitated, she took her hand back and hurried out of the room. As soon as her back disappeared, Vaishali beat it to Gunjan's side. Tarun managed to look disgruntled.

"Tell us about this Rajkumar Reddy." Their eyes were shining with curiosity and Gunjan felt it was her duty to satisfy it with all relish. This was truly delish.

"So, Rajkumar Reddy is....."