The revelation aftermath?

Later that night

"Hey."

"Hey. Why are we whispering in the house?"

"Because of the guest." He meant Gunjan who was sleeping inside.

Manmeet chuckled at his quiet movements, scooting across black linoleum, and his tiny laugh of victory when he reached her, eyes haughtily scanning rolls of trace paper scattered about. There was nothing not to love here.

Rajkumar looked up at the sound that she made, inadvertently taking in the sight of his lover. She was beautiful, graceful hands placing down pencil to push back russet hair blocking her sight, clad in a pink floral dress, loose but gathering at the center where their treasure lay. This was his Manmeet. She was wholesome, complete. She loved him. He loved her back.

"I want to kiss you." He did, badly.

Her brown eyes widened in surprise at his matter-of-fact statement and they way that they did caused the other man to feel drunk, a daze that wasn't. She made him feel that type of way.

Manmeet bit her lower lip, heat coloring her cheeks. Her heart was going badump badump. Her eyes couldn't meet his.

"Do what you want."

"Mmmn."

Rajkumar scooted closer and cupped her face when he settled in a kneeling position. Then, he dipped to kiss her. Manmeet's lips were soft against his, tasted like the honey sweetness in his heart. Rajkumar gently broke the kiss and slightly moved apart but not too much, so that grooved fingers could thumb those lips that gave him so much joy. They also lied to him.

Tender charcoal eyes met beloved brown ones. Manmeet was his beloved.

"You taste like chocolate and milk."

"Strawberries, you mean. I used a strawberry chapstick, dear."

"Okay, let's rephrase that. You taste like strawberry and chocolate and milk."

"That's not true."

"Measure, love. Measure."

"You can't prove it."

"Gunjan told me."

Manmeet tsked.

"That snitch."

"Shameless girl. Look at you, bullying your younger sister. Come here."

Rajkumar kissed her again, this time on the forehead, before hugging her, so that her head rested on his chest. He only spoke after making sure she was well-sitted and comfortable in his arms.

"I'm so proud of you, love."

Manmeet peered up at him.

"For what?"

"You know what."

She shook her head before returning to the solace of his arms.

"Don't be dramatic, Raj."

"I'm serious, Manmeet. Hey, look at me." he tipped her chin, "Look at me, Manmeet. I am really proud of you. It took so much heart and courage to face yourself and do what you did." he tucked a loose strand of russet behind her ear, "You amaze me each and every day."

Manmeet sheepishly scrunched her nose and rubbed it with an index finger. Her heart felt sweet like honey.

Rajkumar laughed at her appearance and pulled her cheeks.

"Hahaha! You must feel so full of yourself right now."

Manmeet hit his arm.

"Shut up."