Solving domestic affairs

Even though Choti felt that this old woman smelt like she hadn't taken a shower in years, it didn't stop her from firmly holding her hand, crying injustice. If anything, she cried even harder.

"Mother, I don't know why whatever I do is not good enough for her. Even though I treat Malaika's children like my own, she still does everything to pull me down in front of Mahesh." she cried out even louder, "Mother, I am so pitiful!"

The accused, Malaika, wanted to scold her for being so shameless. Not only did this woman destroy her marriage of so many years, but she also wanted to come in between her and the children, as well as Mahesh's mother! Malaika wanted to tell her that this battle was something that her wealthy family could not win. Wasn't she the daughter-in-law for so many years? How could Choti compare?

It's a pity that she miscalculated here.

"Priyanka, you witch! How dare you try to come in between me and mother. Mom," she turned to the older woman, "please don't believe a word she is saying. You trust me more, right?"

Wrong. Kareena Sharma didn't think there was any reason to care about the former daughter-in-law, who was stupid and useless anyway. The only thing she was good for was causing problems for her poor son, and she was grateful that his eyes finally opened enough to truly see her colors and marry a woman like Priyanka who had a strong backing to boot. Not only did Priyanka take care of Mahesh's business, but she also did the same for her grandchildren born to Malaika.

And instead of being grateful, the stupid, poisonous woman could only spout rubbish.

"Shut up your mouth! In fact, what are you even doing in my house? Are you related to me in any way?"

Malaika was shocked, to say the least. Not long ago, this old woman had promised to help her reunite with Mahesh! She scolded her terribly in her heart for being such a fraudster at her age.

"Mom, how could you say such a thing to me? I am Mahesh and Shruti's mother!"

Choti felt that she had to stand up here. Otherwise, how else would she show how committed she was to those little monsters and how pitiful she was married to such a bastard like Mahesh in spite of the fact that she was a Reddy? Someone had to be having sleepless nights, and she'd rather it was his old hag of a mother.

She abruptly pulled away from Kareena's grip and bolted up from the sofa, puzzling the two other women.

"P-Priyanka, what's this all of a sudden?"

"Mother, I can't sit here and watch this woman spout lies on me all day! You!" she whipped around to face Malaika, "You claim to be a mother to those kids. But where are you all day when I am doing school runs or taking them for medical checkups?! You are busy ghosting in god knows where! You are such a shameless woman!"

Her sharp accusations actually made the other woman flinch. But Choti was not done yet. She turned towards Kareena, whose face paled at the scene in front of her. But if she thought that was going to let her go, she was damn wrong. Choti wanted this old hag to know who was the one calling the shots. She seemed to be looking for a free nanny for those little monsters and someone that her useless son could freeload on. Choti was not so dense not to notice her obvious preference for those two compared to her Kevi. Well, she had to know that the Reddys didn't roll like that, and the benefits meant to be gotten from this marriage were slowly turning into debts, anyways. If not for Kevina and the trace of affection that she still had towards that prodigal of hers...

"And Mother, you are not innocent either! I am also very angry at you!"

"What did I do wrong? Talk to me, Priyanka."