Blood feud Pt.2

Was Prithvi afraid of Rajkumar? The answer was no. 

After so many years, he had figured out his half-brother. Rajkumar was a person who never engaged in anything that had nothing to do with him or seemed to be a total waste of time. Everything he said or did had meaning, had a reason behind it, had an end that was important enough for him to step in. It had to have enough worth for Rajkumar Reddy to involve himself and once he did, he'd go straight to the point and deal with the heart of the matter. Prithvi didn't want to admit it, but he knew that his brother didn't confront him all these years because he didn't think it was worth it. Hell, he even lived and worked abroad. The only reason that Rajkumar approached him today was because he felt he was finally encroaching on his interests.

This was one of the things that made Prithvi envious of and hate Rajkumar. He had the ability to use all he had to his advantage and knew when not to. And because Prithvi could see all these, it triggered resentment from within. So, he hated Rajkumar, but was he afraid of him? No, he wasn't. At most, he was wary because of their father behind him.

But Veeranshu Garewal was another thing entirely. Prithvi knew that he wasn't a good person, no he was a wicked and selfish person, but he had to hide all that underneath an easygoing cover to people that didn't live with him. He had the strength and ability to cover it up, successfully deceiving his father and half-siblings. None of them knew the things he did. 

But Veer?

He was a wicked and selfish person who didn't hide anything. He didn't bother to cover up and why should he? Prithvi thought that it wasn't strange, afterall, could anybody that was part of his family still be normal in the brain? No way. They were all lunatics in that house.

And Veer was a lunatic among lunatics. Unlike Bhairav, he and Rajkumar's father, Rahul Garewal, Veer's father, had very, very low moral standards. There were even rumors that his various affairs with other women before and after marrying his only wife, Veer's mother, had made her heartbroken enough to commit suicide a few hours after giving birth to him. And so the Garewal household had a very different makeup from the Reddy household. While Veer was the legitimate heir, he had many older and younger half-brothers and sisters. It was a recipe for disaster, wolves hanging all around him, ready to eat him up alive for what was his.

But Veer showed them time and again that he wasn't putting up with any of their shit. Not only did he go alpha wolf on any of the half-siblings that wanted to mess with him, but he'd also beat even the meek ones into submission with everything that he had. He was the master predator and they had to know that. And so, the Garewal household was very unusual that way. 

Veer was the only legitimate child of his father and yet his numerous half-siblings couldn't even look him in the eyes. The boldest among them had been a half-sister three years older who had tried many times to get Veer's cars to crash and get him injured or even killed in a motor accident. The one time it had worked, Veer was lucky to escape with his life. She had placed a bomb in the car and his guards had rescued him by throwing him out of the moving car onto the bushes at the side of the road. They had died and he had to stay in the hospital for months after multiple surgeries. Exactly one week after his discharge, still in a wheelchair, that same sister of his had been declared crazy and he had her locked up in a mental asylum on one island like that. Whether she was really crazy or not, no one knew for sure.

And all these happened with the tacit approval of Rahul Garewal. In his mind, he had so many illegitimate children that he didn't even know their names, so why should any be special enough for him to turn against his legitimate son, Veer? Those peers of his managed to evoke Prithvi's sympathy, which was rare as he had a very weak conscience. It was in moments like those that he had a rare display of happiness for his own conditions. And even more strange was the father-son relationship between Veer and Rahul. Many people, including Prithvi, wondered how they could be so cordial despite the fact that Rahul was an indirect cause of his mother's death. Damn, they all couldn't wait to run away whenever they saw the both of them together. Who knew when the undercurrents beneath this seemingly happy relationship would be released and they happened to become scapegoats? No one wanted to die, especially at the hands of those lunatics.