Topsy-Turvy

"Move out of the way!"

"Are you blind?!"

"It's really crazy!"

There were hands from many directions, pushing her deeper into the market. Some used their bodies or placed protective hands atop their wares, eyes warning her not to come any closer.

And it was understandable, given her physical state.

Harita wasn't actually top-tier on sight, hair a tangled mess that obscured her eyes, blue boubou with patches of white, stitched over and stained with a mix of dirt and bits of squashed fruit and its juices.

Her feet was bare, crusty white that told no tales of moisturizing, toenails windy and sharp enough to cut into two, faster than a paper clip would.

It was a perfect semblance of madness - even when she wasn't.

She wasn't mad. But neither did she deny it nor pause to explain to her onlookers, all eyes tinged with disgust and blatant disapproval.

Harita had no time for that, feet raw, bleeding from jagged stones on the path, some she hit hard against, some hitting right back, arms bruised from her scuffle with the truck driver when he opened the back at the factory, a three-mile walk from the market.

He had been surprised. Harita couldn't blame him, really.

She was too busy feeling panic doused in ecstasy, the heavy beating of her heart so loud that she heard the badump badump in her ears, hurting yet welcome, a mix of glee that she had finally escaped that place that she hated so much and jaded fear of what was to come - and what he would think after all these years apart.

As her eyes caught sight of the towering building with speakers out front and through the gate that linked the college to the market out back, as her feet drew near, there was a pulsating just underneath her heart and at the tip of her fingers.

There was a pulsating beneath her clavicle. There was a pulsating everywhere.

Harita had been unsure back when she snuck into that truck, certain that little bastard of hers and his monstrous father would do everything in their power to find her and kill her. They were out for her blood - and she couldn't risk it.

Until she did.

Harita was glad that she did because it was worth it in the end. 

She was finally going to be reunited with her true love after all this time. He'd never leave her, not forsake her, like his useless father.