So this is love?

"You really think highly of yourself, don't you?"

"...Huh?"

Veer's confused expression was understandable since he was already accustomed to having people cater to him in all aspects, including in their words. Unfortunately for him, Manmeet Chatterjee was not one of them. What she wanted to know was how Veer managed to think that for four years, she just spent all her time on him, filled all willy-nilly with resentment.

"I don't have that much time on my hands for all that, you know?"

"...I know." he couldn't help but chuckle. Manmeet Chatterjee was still the same as always, an impenetrable fortress. He couldn't help spilling his thoughts.

"You are just like an impenetrable fortress, you know? No one gets in there and out."

"What an interesting analogy, Veeranshu. So was that why, um," she pointed at him, "everyone in our mutual circle of friends thinks I chased you out of my house with a knife? Is that why, Veeranshu?" she looked straight at him, "Hmm? You can't talk anymore all of a sudden?"

"Manmeet..."

"Hmm?"

One look at her face waiting for answers was all it took to make him lose words. Back then, he'd been so angry with her that he had it spread that she chased him out of her house with a knife to drive home the point that she was a violent, crazy woman. Again, he felt too ashamed for others to know why they had actually broken up, so portraying her in that light, could shift any unwanted attention from him. Unfortunately, people seemed to focus more on the news that he was chased out with only his boxers on...

Veer shook his head to clear his thoughts. He needed to lie to her with a straight face.

"It's just...that had nothing to do with me. I mean, why would I push such news out there when I can push something even better?"

It was at the end of his words that he noticed Manmeet's complicated gaze. She looked like she wanted to say something but was not quite sure how to word it.

"What's with that look?"

"...so it was true that it was you that pushed out the news about the boxers?"

"Wait, wait no..."

"You wanted people to know so bad?"

"Hey, that's not quite right."

"So, you didn't want people talking about you, you that loves attention?"

Hey, why did it sound so different coming out of her mouth?

"...Veeranshu, you have such a heavy taste. I just found out now." she awkwardly patted his arm.

"Look, Manmeet..."

"Veeranshu, there is no need to say anything. I won't believe a word of it."

Veer thought he seemed to have made a mistake again. It was hard for this reputation to be whitewashed in front of Manmeet, and understandably so since he never had a stellar record to begin with. It seemed people believed he had spread the news of his appearance that day on purpose. All that Veer wanted to say was that he had absolutely nothing to do with it! Damn, he had come here to reconcile with Manmeet and ended up with his already tattered reputation ground to dust. Sigh. He was too pitiful.

"Do you at least forgive me?" He wanted that out, at least.

Manmeet nodded.

"Yeah, of course. I am just glad that I broke up with your sorry ass."

"...Give me some tea." he motioned to the server, a numb expression on his face.

At his order, Manmeet's face revealed some surprise.