The hate that you give

Content Warning: The provided passage contains explicit language, violence, abusive behavior, references to self-harm, and intense emotional distress. Reader discretion is advised.

"So, what was it that you wanted to talk about, Raju?" Bhairav asked as he settled into his chair.

But Rajkumar wasn't in a hurry. He didn't immediately reply to the question and instead, looked around the study that he and Choti always slept in while they waited for Bhairav to return home from work when they were children. He hadn't been here in a long time. He missed this feeling.

"Your study has not changed a bit."

Bhairav laughed at his son's wistful tone.

"Haha, Raju. It's such a waste to change such perfect furniture. Don't you think so too?"

"Yeah, I do Papaji." he turned to stare directly at his father, "So why do people change for no reason?"

Bhairav frowned at the change in Rajkumar's tone and his pointed stare. It felt accusatory but he reined in his anger. This was his son, after all.

"Raju, don't talk in circles. Are you accusing me of something?"

"Oh drop the act, Papaji! Can you stop all these games?!"

By this time, Rajkumar had bolted out of his seat, his voice raised at his father. But Bhairav didn't believe himself to be a coward. Even though Rajkumar was his child, this was crossing the line by raising his voice at him. He was angry now.

"Are you out of your mind, Rajkumar?!" he slammed the table, "How dare you talk to your own father like that?!"

Cynical laughter came out of Rajkumar's mouth, his eyes expressing his disbelief at his father's attitude to his illegitimate half-brother.

"Haha! Wow, Papaji." he derisively clapped his hands, "What a stunning performance. But do you think I am stupid? Or that Choti is fucking blind? What is this, Papaji?" he pointed to the screen of his phone where the image of a map was displayed, "This was the remote town that you said Prithvi was the branch manager in? They have a fucking high court in that town! A fucking high court!"

It was now that Bhairav knew what his outburst was about. Knowing his children really well, Choti must have revealed this to him. Rajkumar barely knew other places in India.

But they had gotten it all wrong. The only reason why Bhairav gave the position to Prithvi was to cultivate him into a manager capable of assisting Rajkumar, who had opted to be a doctor. He only withheld details from Rajkumar to avoid the fuss happening now.

He understood his panic but that didn't mean that Bhairav was happy with it. A wave of discomfort and displeasure combined washed through him. He wasn't even dead yet and his children were already discussing his money. A hint of anger flashed in his eyes as he looked at his beloved youngest staring straight at him with a livid face. Prithvi would never have looked at him such a manner that Rajkumar was doing. How spoiled had he become?

"Rajkumar." his firm tone was laced with anger, "This is my money and I can give it to whoever I want to! Now, get out of my office before I do something I would regret."

"Regret? What a fucking joke, Papaji. Hahahaha! Hahahaa!"

Bhairav's anger steadily gave way to panic as his son began to unhinge before him.

"Do you think I care Papaji? You can give your money to who the hell you want. But," his tone turned vicious, "you would have to kill me first."

"Rajkumar..."