Matchmaking practice

Golu had always believed he was destined for the good things in life, so he didn't think twice before placing his application in the mail when he heard that the young madam of the Reddy household was hiring.

And of course, he got the job. When he found out, he had almost gone crazy with joy and vowed to be the best executive assistant in the history of assistants! But now, it seemed...nothing he did was part of his job description?

"Golu, do you know what today is?"

He snapped out of his daze to find his new boss asking him a question, her eyes trained on inspecting the fingernails she just filed. Her question had him puzzled.

"Boss, it's Tuesday?"

"Wrong." she held up a well-manicured finger, "It's Choti cheat day."

Hmm. He wondered if he should write down this important piece of information in his journal as he felt it would be of great help in pleasing the boss, and earning a raise. But his thoughts were rendered useless by her next words.

"And don't you think this cheat day is regular."

"...It's not?" Did she just choose her cheat days right off the bat?

"Yes Golu, I do." she bobbed her head up and down as if reading his thoughts, "I can't believe you expect me, Priyanka Reddy, to conform to the mass concept of cheat days." she tossed her hair, "Tsk Golu, how plebian."

Was he paid enough for this? The answer was yes. Priyanka Reddy had enough money to pay such a shamelessly high amount, he'd be too unfortunate to take it.

"Now," his boss continued, "go to the ice cream store across and get me a beer and chocolate-covered pretzel ice cream. With lots of beer." she added, "Like ninety percent beer."

Golu was speechless. Was this still ice cream they were talking about? He had to ask.

"...Why don't I just get you a beer then?"

At his question, Choti sharply looked up at him, and he regretted asking. Her flippant attitude lately had made him forget that she was a member of the Reddy family. No one who had irritated them had a good end, especially the one seated in front of him. He scrambled to apologize.

"I-i'm sorry, boss." he uneasily pleaded, "It won't happen again."

There was silence. And then there was Choti talking.

"Good." she nodded and pointed to her atm card lying on the counter, "Tell them it's my special order. They would understand."

"Yes, boss." He picked up the card and hurried out of her cubicle.

Choti silently watched his retreating back and returned to filing her nails like nothing had just happened. But only she knew she was sneering in her heart.

Give some people an inch and they take a mile. Damn, Choti, damn.

She looked up from her nails and beckoned to one of her store attendants who was not attending to customers out in the main showroom. People were still flocking in due to their stock of Trisha's dresses and Choti trusted that her staff knew what to do without her supervision. They knew not to bother her except in a situation only she could handle.

"Boss?"

"I don't want to be bothered at all today, for any reason. Send any problematic customer out if you can't handle them, okay?"

"Yes, boss."

She waved her out and wanted to return to her filing when a voice from the store floated into her office. It was so distinct that she'd be stupid not to know its owner. Afterall, they had met a few times when she was out with dadda.