Something's gotta give?

A Godsend was what she was. Rajkumar wasn't just going to sit this one out.

"Thank you so much, Preeta. I'm so grateful that you did all this for us. You know, even going as far to drive us here..."

"No, no Rajkumar. There is no need for such formalities between friends. I just did what I had to do. There was no way I could see a friend in such a bad situation and not help."

"It's so unfortunate you don't plan on getting married. My friends would be standing in a queue all the way to Bangladesh." he teased, eliciting light laughter from her.

"Oh, hey guys." Manmeet had come out from the door adjacent to the bench they sat on. Rajkumar stood and motioned for her to sit. Then he took the space on her other side so that Manmeet found herself sitting in between him and Preeta.

"How were things in there? Did you get the urine test done too?"

"All done. I'm a bit thirsty." she turned to Preeta, "Sorry for breaking up your conversation. I just can't help it."

"No please, you're good." she waved her off, "Men need to run all these errands more often. They think being pregnant is such an easy thing."

"Here we go again." The two women heard Rajkumar mutter those words. He stood up as soon as he caught Manmeet's glare.

"Hey, I'm not a part of her generalization, okay? I'll go get your water before you murder me with your eyes." he reached for her bag, "Your bottle's in here, right?"

"Yeah."

Rajkumar brought out a red plastic bottle.

"Babe, this is mine. Where is yours?" She had clearly rejected red over blue on the evening he had bought and brought them home.

Manmeet tutted.

"Is there a problem with me using your bottle, Mr. Reddy?"

"...None at all." He decided to surrender and just head straight for the dispenser. Gosh, he was so pitiful.

Rajkumar's hurried appearance caused Manmeet to chuckle. He looked just so out of it.

"He's changed you know?"

Preeta spoke from behind Manmeet so that she had to turn around, eyes filled with curiosity at this reveal. There was a peculiar light in those beautiful eyes.

"How so?" Manmeet heard her own voice, soft and full of yearning in her ears. Was there something in particular that she wanted to hear?

The other woman did not disappoint.

"I don't know." her voice dripped with meaning, "He just seems more real. Grounded almost, if you know what I mean."

A brief smile flitted past her face. It was fleeting, as she remembered something very important.

"Preeta." she began, "Thank you for the ride here and for all that you told us about Dr. Neha on the way. No wonder she didn't come out of her office with all the ruckus."

"Please don't mention it. That's not a big deal. I couldn't just leave you and Raj unaware of what was going on. The only reason why I was even in that hospital section was that I am a part of the investigation committee. This is next-level, Manmeet."

The other woman looked around, on edge, before whispering, so that Preeta had to draw near.

"You really meant it when you said that she sold those babies?"

A hand went to her stomach. She and Rajkumar were greatly shocked about such a horrid thing. He had quickly recovered though, while she still had difficulty processing everything.