Her brother's keeper

Reddy mansion. 3 hours before.

"And what happened after that? Did you see him? Did you?"

The young lady asking had her arms akimbo, her eyes gleaming with excitement. Her friend was so lucky! She entered the young master's room!

It wasn't only her that was feeling envious of her friend's good fortune. Other staff half-heartedly tended to their duties of cleaning the hallway, their ears itching to hear about their peer's good fortune. Even the men weren't left out in the anticipation.

And the woman in the center of it all looked on proudly at her audience. She had been one of the recently hired staff and was attached to the laundry, where she worked day in and day out. Today however was different. Young master Rajkumar had called her into his room and handed her his cashmere sweater to handwash. That was the sweater that he wore! How could she not spread this news? She was ready to tell the whole world, if possible.

"Of course, I saw him!" her nose raised up so high in the air, "Not only did I enter his room, he even gave me his sweater by hand!"

Hmph. She allowed these coworkers of hers to share in her joy since they were so pitiful, but she couldn't stay for long. She had to go and wash the young master's sweater with her hands now!

"Girl, you are so lucky!" Who didn't want to talk to the young master, at least once? He was so kind, unlike the young mistress. And he was handsome too, they all thought.

"Oh, isn't she? Look how diligent all of you are!"

The latest entry into the conversation poured cold water on their excitement, and they regretted their decision to listen to the gossip. Some even severely scolded the laundry staff in their hearts for pushing them into this pit. They had forgotten that they were the ones urging her to speak. The staff in question too was shaking, afraid. Was this the same as people sitting at home doing nothing and trouble comes to the door?

She tried to plead.

"Y-young m-madam..."

But Choti wasn't letting her or anyone else off so easily.

"No carry on, carry on." she shifted from one foot to the other as she made her way over to the chaise lounge and sat, her eyes on the girl who was speaking, "You must have felt like a princess, isn't that right? Isn't that right, cheapsterella?"

"N-no madam." she was so afraid of her.

"No, of course you felt like a princess, you silly girl." she chuckled, "Cheapsterella marries prince charming, am I right?"

"N-no, madam."

"Oh? I'm not right?"

"I-I mean y-yes, madam."

Choti's smile vanished, replaced by a cold look. It left the staff with the feeling of sinking into hell.

"A bunch of stupid people. Look how completely useless you are. Instead of doing your job, you are busy here talking of matters that you shouldn't!"

"Y-yes, madam."

"We don't hire slackers in this house, and certainly not cheapsterellas. Do you all hear me?" They nodded, shivering under her gaze.

"So, why don't all of you just roll away to your work sites and actually do something instead of wasting your tiny brain cells thinking of things that you have no business with and wasting our money?"

"Y-yes, madam."

"Now, roll."

They all hurried out of there like they had been given amnesty, everyone contending for who got out the fastest. Choti sneered at the sight.