4. First practice with Aoba Johsai

Homeroom went by really fast and first period started. I had nobody in this class and it would be fast considered boring. At least, that's what I thought it would feel like, until the teacher gave us teams for a project we would be working on for the rest of the year. Apparently, the teacher waited for me to be present before sharing the teams she made. She started saying who would be with who and the teams of three shouted their excitement when their names would be called, glad to be working together. When, finally, I got to know my other two team members, I was surprised.

"And lastly, Y/n Irihata, Irana Samui and Ena Sofi, you'll be working together."

Wait, but aren't they the girls who protected me when Hanami tried to harass me again? I mean, just the girl who was called Irana, but the other girl was still there. I didn't even see them when I entered the classroom. I wasn't expecting that, honestly. I turned my head in their direction.

"Looks like you'll get what you want" the girl named Ena Sofi said to Irana as people started to get together with their team.

"Yeah, and we're together this time, not like all the other teachers who separate us."

I walked toward them.

"Hi" I greeted them.

"Hi" they both greeted me at the same time.

"I wanted to say thank you for shutting Hanami's mouth earlier"

Irana let out a brief laugh. "You're welcome. This girl have been clinging to Oikawa's arm from day one. He never seemed to care. And I thought it was weird for a boy who always wanted girls' attention and a girlfriend."

"I always wanted to stop her from doing such things, but this morning I couldn't stop her" Ena confessed. "I'm glad it didn't do you any harm, though. Irana has the habit to get into fights she wasn't even in to start with."

"Hey, Ena! I can hear you, right now, you know?"

"Yeah, it was the purpose of telling you that right in front of your face, 'you know'"

"Anyway, let's learn about each other!" Irana proposed, sitting on a random chair, Ena following her moves as I did the same.

*-*--*-*

In the end, girl friends weren't that bad... I mean, grown ones, not first year High School students whose dad is a murderer and who wasn't even a first year to begin with. But anyway, I'm glad I actually made new friends. It wasn't really nice to get two new ennemies right when I came back home, but the same 'it' gave me two new friends, who seemed wonderful. And because the teacher gave us that class to learn about each other so it could be easier working in teams, I learned a lot about them. Irana is actually the kind of girl who will always be there to make you laugh. Even when you're depressed, you can't do anything about her sarcasm and her funny personality. I wished I met her last year, when I needed this mental and emotional support. But I guess Irana and Ena aren't Tooru and Hajime... Anything could have had happen. Anyway, she also plays basketball and she's not the best in school. From what she said, she does pass her exams, but sometimes she fails them.

On Ena Sofi's side, I learned she was quite the shy type, who didn't open to everyone. She doesn't play any sport but likes to read... a lot. And, compared to her bestfriend, she has good grades.

These two girls are like moon and sun, completely different species, but what I found surprising is that both of the girls are in the Drama Club, so Irana is kinda busy all the time, but it doesn't bother her, because she hates to do nothing.

Personally, I'm still in the Boys' Volleyball Team and I do not intend to change. Apparently, and fortunately, Hanami has not become a manager, mostly because Tooru refused it directly, trying to be careful with his words. He said they had plenty. She accepted it and didn't say anything else.

That's why, when I got to the gym after school for practice, I was received with an angry Hanami who didn't want to see me there. For real, this bitch better be going out of our lives soon, because I can't handle her anymore.

"What are you doing here?!"

I swear, all the team turned their heads to look at us, but I didn't have the time to say anything, 'cause all the team came running at me.

"Y/NNNNNNN! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!" And they hugged me.

"Guys! Please be careful, Y/n had a broken ankle a few months ago and it's still really fragile, so don't worsen her situation." My uncle came to my rescue.

"Thank you, guys, for this warm welcome back, I really appreciate it."

"You're more than welcome!" Matsukawa said for all of the team.

"Will you be playing with us this year, too?" Watari asked, full of hope, even though I kinda stole his position last year.

I took a breath-in, before breathing out, because I had made a decision about myself that I was barely able to accept. But according to the doctor, it could help me heal completely.

"Unfortunately, no, I will not play, mostly because of my ankle. The doctor told me to stop playing, because apparently, maybe, one day, I'll be able to take back my place in the volleyball world."

"So you'll be a manager?"

"No, I will stay a member of the team, I will just help you with practice and give you advice. With what I learned in the United States, I can surely be of use to you, either if it's in defense or offense."

The team literally expressed their excitement by jumping around and screaming. My uncle approached me.

"A little more, and I'm making you their captain."

"I can hear you!" Tooru screamed.

"Sorry!" uncle screamed back and then winked at me.

"Also, where are the two new team members?"

"Here"

I turned to see the two new members with excitement filled in my eyes.

"Hi, I'm glad to meet you. I'm-"

"Irihata Y/n, we all know. All the boys wouldn't stop talking about you, especially Oikawa."

I felt my face becoming red.

"What did he told you exactly?"

"The things you did as the best libero of all Japan. Also, I'm Akira Kunimi and he's..."

"Yuutarou Kindaichi. Nice to meet you"

I bowed and made my way to the boys who were still expressing their happiness.

"Okay, boys, time for practice" I yelled, clapping my hands. And they all got ready to practice.

"I think I'm gonna make you the-" my uncle started but got cut off.

"Don't even think about it, coach!" Tooru screamed.

I laughed a little and started walking around to see if anybody needed me.

"Hey, Y/n! Could you set? We will practice our attacks!" Iwaizumi asked.

"Of course!" I accepted, so much joy filling my heart as the practice went on.

*-*--*-*

Hanami's POV

I swear, this girl is gonna get me away from Tooru-chan. I just want to be with him. I feel like she's threatening our future relationship.

She's acting as if she's the Queen of the place, bragging about her travel in the United States and acting as a victim for her broken ankle. She's so annoying. And her uncle playing her game, please, it's childish. How did Tooru-chan even loved her and even the team is blind to what she does.

I'm going to open Tooru-chan's eyes tomorrow and make him see who really loves him for him and who is the manipulator he never saw.

*-*--*-*

(A/N) : Hi, guys, I hope you loved this chapter. I know there's not a lot of Oikawa and Y/n parts, but trust me, it's gonna come around soon, just give them chance to rekindle after what happened. Also, for Irana and Ena, these are their first name. See you on the next chapter! <3