18. The sleepover

And as we said, we took the bus to Irana's house when the day at the mall was over. The boys stayed a little bit longer than us, but unfortunately for us, Irana's mother was waiting for us to return home. She wasn't far away from my house either. I was surprised to find that out, honestly, because she's always complaining about how long it is to walk to her house when it's like two or three house before Tooru and I was almost horrified to realize it when we arrived there.

And apparently, Ena was living in an apartment with her mother, alone, since her dad cheated on her mom at some point and just left. She seems to have it nice. And also, it's a two minute walk from school, way closer than all of us.

Anyway, we enter the house and we are almost immediately greeted by her mother.

"Hi, Ena! Hi, Y/n! I've heard a lot about you, I hope we can get along"

Like mother like daughter I guess.

"I hope, too" I said with a bright smile.

We took off our shoes and went downstairs where Irana's bedroom seemed to be. When I entered, the smell of lavender filled my nose so rapidly I lost the ability to breathe for a few seconds.

"For a person so extreme, I find it surprising your room smells so sweet" I confessed.

"Thanks" Irana thanked me.

"I knew you would say that" Ena added.

I laughed at how disappointed Ena looked. She was moving her head from side to side and her lips were pursed.

"What's wrong with saying that?"

"I know you too well, that's all" she continued disagreeing with what I said.

"Okay, now, who wants popcorn?" Irana asked.

We all agreed we wanted some and she came back with some chips and chocolate.

"Oooh! It looks delicious!" I exclaimed. "So, are we gonna watch a movie with that?"

"No" Irana confessed.

"We're gonna have a big girl talk" Ena added.

I smiled a true smile, I hope, and got way too excited for what was gonna come.

"We're gonna listen to music, dance, sing, do everything besties should do together" Ena explained in a dramatic way.

I laughed at her and she started laughing as well, Irana following us. Even though Ena was the most shy of all of us, she often showed her dramatic side, which she particularly liked. Irana, though, she was acting too excited, too goofy and too funny all the time to identify her as a drama club member, but the fact that she wasn't nervous when talking or shy just showed she could talk about anything in front of the entire school for an unlimited time without feeling awkward or nervous.

"So, our purpose here is to talk about your beloved soulmate" Ena went straight to the point.

"Really? You want to talk about him again? I will feel bad for you if I'm always the one we're talking about"

"Come on, girl, he's your soulmate. You love him, he loves you and still, you can't get yourselves to go out with each other again!" She almost exploded.

"I've already discussed it with you, girls, it's a matter that he and I talked about and we've agreed on something and it's the best for both of us"

"Yeah, we know, you'll get to know each other better until you're ready" Irana completed my explanation.

I then zoned out for a couple of seconds, realizing how I had never told the girls about all that happened last year. They were worthy of my trust, based on the friendship that settled itself between us and I really did want them to know everything, so we could understand each other when we were talking and then maybe, telling the story, sharing it with more people, freeing myself from the memories would help me get out of this depression. But for that, unfortunately, I am not ready to tell them, because it might be just a short term pain and I really hope it is.