12. The Interhigh Prelims

Third Person POV

"Who's this girl with the Seijoh team beside The Great King?" Hinata asked.

"True, she wasn't there when we had our practiced match with them" Yamaguchi pointed out.

"Maybe she's just that playboy's girlfriend" Tsukishima stoically proposed.

"Who cares? We've got games to care for!" Kageyama stated.

"Wait! Isn't this Y/n senpai?!" Nishinoya screamed, excited.

"Y/n-senpai!!" Tanaka called her.

The girl turned her head and met their eyes. A smile rapidly made its way across her face and she turned toward Oikawa before running toward the Karasuno team. She stopped before the first years, looking at them carefully and then, she looked at the, now, third years. The man bun, grey haired man and captain walked toward her.

"It's been long. I'm glad to see you again." she greeted them. "And you too, Noya-san and Tanaka-san."

"Are you still a member of the boys' team?" Daichi asked.

"Yes, but I'm not playing unfortunately. My ankle has been broken and it's still pretty fragile. But I hope we can play you today, we never had and you seem to have good first years. I hear you beat Aoba Johsai in a practice match."

She turned toward Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi and approached them.

"Yeah, we did win." Sugawara confirmed.

She started with Hinata.

"You're little, but I heard you jump high. I can't wait to see that."

She then turned to Kageyama, looking at him and Hinata at the same time.

"I hear your duo is something quite unbeatable."

She continued her way.

"Oooh, you're quite tall. I suppose you are a middle blocker. Or maybe... a spiker?"

"I am a middle blocker... senpai"

"Well... and you..." she said, turning to Yamaguchi. "Cute"

They ended up all blushing, except for Tsukishima.

"And what position are you, Y/n-senpai?" the orange haired boy asked her.

She smiled at him.

"I'm a libero."

She walked toward the first and second years and patted the head of Tanaka and Nishinoya before looking up.

"Well, I'm wishing you luck, boys. If I stay any longer, someone will get jealous."

She started walking away, but Hinata stopped her by asking her something.

"Excuse me, Y/n-senpai, are you The Great Queen?"

She froze, remembering that this little boy called Oikawa The Great King. Word got shared in the team as the weeks went by. They kept teasing her about being The Great Queen. The smile that disappeared, reappeared and she looked at Hinata.

"I was"

Even though, for his curiosity, it wasn't enough, Hinata decided to not ask anything else. Kageyama had something to do in this, since he stopped him, seeing how his question troubled their senpai from another school. Hinata understood and backed up.

*-*--*-*

First Person POV

I joined Tooru and the others in the gym after I checked who we were playing against first.

"It took you an awful lot of time, Y/n-chan" Tooru blamed me.

"I refrained myself from staying with them any longer since I knew you would get jealous."

"I wouldn't" He turned his head away for I don't know what reason.

A grin appeared on my face.

"Mmh, yeah, sure. Now, team! Be prepared."

"What are you doing, Y/n-chan, trying to steal my place?" Tooru complained.

"I might as well be stealing your place. I'm doing it better than you"

He joined the others and I looked up in where our fans were and searched for my friends. My eyes finally landed on one person cheering like crazy and the other trying to hide herself from everyone's attention that was not even on them.

I waved at them and they smiled back, Ena discovering her face from her hood a little just to look at me. I laughed at the funny situation and turned my attention back to the game, which was about to start.

*-*--*-*

The first day went absolutely well and we won every match, making us continue to the next day.

But unfortunately, Tooru didn't want me to go see the Karasuno boys since we would be playing them today first thing. I was against his refusal, but I couldn't defy what he was saying, because he was looking at with scary eyes, so I had no choice but to accept.

The game had started and I was a little mad that I couldn't play against the team I so wanted to play against last year. But I just watched and my uncle realized how gloomy I looked.

"You know, it's not because your ankle is fragile today that it will be tomorrow. My little fairy, you need to believe in you."

"I know. I'm just scared of what will happen."

"Be scared, fear and that fear must happen. I know and I feel how much you want to play with and against the Karasuno team. Even though they are supposed to be your rivals, you cherish them as if they were your own team."

"Yeah, because they're so nice. If I hadn't met Tooru, or Hajime, or everyone, I would have wished I had gone to Karasuno instead."

"If your uncle wasn't the coach of the boys' volleyball team of Aoba Johsai or if you had been closer to Karasuno, you would have gone there, but it didn't happen like that."

"I know! And I'm okay with it. I do not complain! Aoba Johsai made me more than happy. The people from it. What happened in this corner of Miyagi Prefecture. I'm happy I was born that way, even though my name didn't get me the happiest things."

He chuckled.

"Yeah, that is one flaw of your life if you want my opinion"

I ended up laughing quietly, so I didn't distract the players on the court. The points were going up. The players were playing well.

"I'm glad I'm here, today."

I saw him smile from my perspective. I was looking at the court, at the game. I chuckled and realized how lucky I am to be here today. If last year hadn't happen, I would still be in Tokyo, living with my parents. I guess my unluckiness had its luckiness. The only thing I have to say is that I'm glad I'm still here... and all that... thanks to Tooru and everyone. But mostly Tooru, who saved me.

*-*--*-*

Well... the day ended up being... not our best. It was not the first time it happened, but the defeat was as hurtful as that time. We did win against Karasuno, but our dream to beat Shiratorizawa was once again destroyed by their players. It's one of the last times our team gets to be against them and I know how hurt Tooru is, right now. I wanted to comfort him... but I can't enter the men's bathroom. I can still hear him sobbing from here. And I ended up on the floor, my face hidden by my arms and legs.

Now, for him, I just wished things happened differently.

*-*--*-*

(A/N) : Well, hi guys, hoped you liked this chapter. Next chapter will be only for Y/n and Oikawa, even though it might not be that happy, but I can't wait to write it. See you on the next chapter ;)