43. Christmas

When I arrived at home, I was still pretty much in Tooru's clothes, the ones I wore the day before in my arms. I went up in a hurry, because my phone was almost off. Tooru decided to stay downstairs. I changed myself into a navy blue long-sleeved shirt with Christmas pajamas pants. Cute and simple. I went back down without my phone, that I left up in my room connected to my charger. I joined my uncle, my brother and Tooru.

"Good morning." my uncle greeted me.

I only gave him a smile, taking a place at a chair behind the counter beside Tooru. My brother, sat on the other side of Tooru, leaned forward and looked at me.

"What happened last night, Y/n? What did you do with your new boyfriend?" he teased, a smile on his face and lifting his eyebrows annoyingly.

I blushed and looked away, trying to ignore his question.

"Oh, does that mean you lost your virginity?" Julio asked without asking.

"I never said that!"

"Julio!" my uncle reprimands.

"In fact, you didn't speak, so he assumed." Tooru said.

"So, new brother-in-law, what happened last night?" Julio asked Tooru specifically.

"And how do you assume we are together?" Tooru asked.

"Eh? You didn't tell him? Then, how does he know?"

"I'm not dumb, you know." Julio said, pointing at his head. "It's a little too obvious. And you just approved it."

I sighed in defeat.

"Have you already eaten?" my uncle asked, changing the subject so Julio doesn't ask the same awkward question he asked a few seconds ago.

"Yes, we did." I answered.

A few seconds later, we heard knocks at the door. But it is soon followed by an agressive opening of the door, which is lead by four people entering the house, really angry.

"See, why'd you lose time trying to knock, Iwaizumi!" Sao complained.

What the hell...?

Tooru and I both leaned back and looked at the hall down the stairs. I suspiciously looked at Tooru and he lifted his hands innocently, telling me he didn't know why they were here.

"Y/N!" Sao screamed, getting rid of his shoes and coat at a speed I would never beat.

I obviously jumped, scared of his greeting.

Hajime, Ena and Irana followed after him. He took me by my shoulders and shook me uncontrollably, I felt like I was gonna have a headache.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked, sounding worried. "You get together back with Oikawa and you don't text me right when it happens?! What were you thinking?"

"Sao... Sao... Please, my head hurts..."

He then stopped, stepping back.

"Sorry... But that doesn't excuse the fact that you didn't tell any of us!"

"Anyway, who the hell told you?" I asked, but then the question felt obvious the next second.

I turn my head toward Julio, who has a grin glued on his face, still lifting his eyebrows victoriously.

"Oh, you!"

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Sao repeated, stopping me from attacking my little brother.

"Because everything happened so fast! And I was with Tooru all yesterday, so I didn't have time and I also didn't think about it. One last thing, my battery is off."

Sao sighed, crossing his arms, pouting.

"Well, I guess it's a good excuse."

"Come on, Sao, it is no big deal. You should be happy for your bestfriend!" Irana said.

Then, they all ran toward us, hugging us in a big embrace.

"Merry Christmas to every one of you!" I wished them.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Y/n." they all said at the same time.

The rest of the day went by slowly but dreamily. It may be the reason why it's going so slow, because I'm trying to remember every second of this day, every thing someone said, every song put up on the TV, every dance danced, every food eaten. I want to remember everything of this perfect day.

When, finally, the team members arrived one by one, Hajime was at the door, wishing everyone Merry Christmas and telling them that Tooru and I were back together again. We received so much congratulations and excitements today, it was crazy, but fun. The food started to be put on the table like a buffet. I was sitting on the couch, watching Irana and Sao do karaoke with Christmas songs while Tooru was standing up behind me, his elbows resting on the top of the couch, coming and going to get food, because he was hungry. The boys were teasing him. Ena was sitting near me. It was perfect.

When everyone was arrived, Hajime finally joined us. My uncle was staying in the kitchen, preparing the food or drinks people wanted. Tooru helped him a little at some point. Julio was dancing and singing with the boys and Irana. They started a dance competition that ended in chaos. Gladly, I didn't get involved in this. A few seconds later, Tooru was taking a place at my right with two mugs full of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. I smiled, taking the mug he was offering me in my hands, my sleeves pulled up to my hands, so I would not burn myself. I took little sips. Tooru's body was glued to mine. I felt comfortable. It was nice.

They continued dancing and singing until they were exhausted. Ena was laughing her heart out. Looking over my shoulder, I could see my uncle was happy.

"You okay?" Tooru then asked me.

"Yeah. Just making sure the host is not bored."

"Wanna go take his place?"

"No, it's okay. He'll be bored anyway, if we let him here."

"Okay."

When, finally, they were all too tired, we set up blankets over blankets with some pillows, since they were staying the night. My uncle went to sleep after telling us not to act like children and be crazy. They were too tired to be against his order. We put on a Christmas movie. Julio stayed with us. Ena and Irana were at my left side. Hajime was with the boys on the blankets. Sao was beside Tooru. Often, we would hear one complain about the characters' choices or actions. Another would laugh. My heart was warm.

Soon, I was falling asleep on Tooru's shoulder as his was falling on my head. We all fell asleep, no one to stop the movie. It played until it was done. For a memory, that was a memorable and beautiful one to remember. I will always cherish it, not only because of its beauty, but also because of the joy this day brought me. An unforgettable feeling. An unforgettable day where friends are reunited. I will never forget this, the happiness I had the chance to live, the friends I met, the love that will follow me until I die and the family that still stands by my side, even though we went through a lot.

I don't want to wake up and realize that December 25th is over. But I can't wait to wake up and eat breakfast with all the team and the others. I can't wait for a lot of things. But no matter what I do, no matter what I say, I can't make the time go faster. And I love this fact, because it made me remember yesterday. A day where I was truly happy...