35. MPSIQ Part 1

I miss volleyball. I miss playing against other teams. The feeling of receiving a perfect ball. The feeling of saving a wonderful ball. The feeling of cheering with them all. The feeling of winning. The feeling when you warm up. I miss all that. Realizing that I will not be able to play in these last Interhigh Qualifier for the Nationals breaks my heart, because it makes me realize, also, that I will never go to Nationals, at least as a player on the court. But I will gladly accompany the team I help trained to the Nationals if they win, what I'm sure they will do.

This first day of the Interhigh Qualifier started pretty well. I woke up to find Tooru and Hajime knocking at my door, as it usually happens. I was preparing breakfast and I had taken a shower last night.

"Are my favorite players ready for their last Interhigh Qualifier?" I asked, bringing the pan filled with eggs near three plates.

"Stop reminding me that I am a third year, please, Y/n-chan. It makes me nervous" Tooru almost begged me.

"What makes you nervous? Looking at Y/n or the idea of playing Shiratorizawa?" Hajime teased him.

Tooru glared at Hajime for a couple of seconds.

"Both"

I blushed silently, filling my friends' plates with what I had prepared for them and I.

"So, you better eat. You have games in a few hours. We wouldn't like you to faint because of lack of eating"

"Yes, mom" Hajime answered, taking a first bite of his breakfast. I laughed, then looking at Tooru. He had his head resting on his crossed arms on the counter. He was looking at me.

"Eat"

"Will you come see us?"

"What do you mean? I'm coming with you, of course"

"No, I mean in two days, when we'll play Shiratorizawa"

I smiled. "Dumbass. You didn't sleep much. I told you I would be there. 100%"

He smiled, sitting up straight, starting to eat the breakfast I made him. I ate, while enjoying this morning of peace, happy that Tooru wasn't stressing out like crazy and that Hajime wasn't hitting him endlessly.

Sao, Ena and Irana were coming to the three-days tournament. I was happy to had hear them confirm it.

*-*--*-*

Obviously, we were to arrive there sooner than the fans. Entering the gym after seeing who we were playing against first. We were walking straight to the gym where we were playing in an hour. My uncle was waiting there for us. Putting our things on the bench, the boys started warming up as I was trying my best to give them the motivation they needed. I was receiving random balls when they were practicing their attacks, not giving a care if it were out. Tooru acting as their setter, I realized how much Tooru was serious on the court, compared with how he was in our daily lives. We were exchanging glances here and there, giving each other thumbs up for either a perfect set or a perfect receive. When, finally, we started playing, the six players part of the starting lineup placed themselves on the court and waited for the whistle to blow.

We easily won the two sets, earning the right to go on the second day. I didn't have the chance to see my Karasuno friends today, but tomorrow, we'll probably play against each other, so I'll have the chance then. I guess it was mostly because I was distracted by Tooru or the nervousness that the games ahead were bringing me. I just hope that me, myself and I is not a distraction to Tooru this year, because I do not have good memories of what happened last year and because of what.

We went our separate ways when we arrived home. Coach wanted their players to relax before the other big day that was ahead of us, telling me it was because he didn't want them to hurt an ankle, a knee, or whatever right before games that would bring us to Nationals, so automatically, he was only trying to assure himself that none of his players got hurt, especially not one of his starting players.