10. Sao and Y/n

From Sao : What did Kori tell you when she was at you locker earlier today?

To Sao : Do you really want to know?

Yeah, I knew I would still feel guilty. I mean, why would you want your bestfriend to ruin your relationship? Would he even believe me? Or does he take his girlfriend's word more seriously than mine? I didn't know what to say. Maybe it was just a mistake, that he didn't want to know, maybe he wasn't sure. So that's why that question found its way to my phone, my finger accepting to send the message, even though it was shaking. My whole body was shaking because of the guilt.

From Sao : Yes.

But I couldn't answer. My fingers didn't want to compose what was on my mind. My mind wanted me to write, but my heart didn't. And I guess I respected its choice, since I got spammed by Sao for 30 minutes straight and got I don't how many missed calls. I didn't want to ruin our friendship because of his girlfriend. That thought scared me, I ended up overthinking. Maybe too much, but I was scared. Even though I didn't show it in front of Hanami or Yuuri, I was now at my worst. I remembered how much I was scared of girls, how much they could do to have what they wanted most. I mean, the girls I met weren't sane in their heads... except Irana and Ena.

The others almost got what they wanted, but because they were either facing police or Tooru and Hajime, they didn't win. But because they are now facing me and Sao, our friendship could be destroyed for all I know. I fell asleep, crying.

"I didn't know how much it hurt you. We'll talk about it later, Y/n. I'm sorry."

I was barely asleep when I heard those words. But I didn't know if they came from the real world or from my dream. But one thing's for sure... this voice belongs to Sao.

*-*--*-*

"Sao visited last night. But you were asleep" my uncle told me a few minutes after we started eating. It was silent. He broke the silence.

"Yeah, I was tired."

"He didn't tell me why, but he seemed worried."

"Yeah, problems at school."

"Or... could it be his girlfriend?"

"Before you think it's jealousy, it's not. I accepted her. I didn't say anything. She was acting like a princess. I didn't say anything. Sao looked embarrassed and pissed off of her. I didn't say anything. But she came to me and told to stay away from them. I defended myself. But I still can't say anything to Sao, even if he demanded me himself what happened yesterday at school when Yuuri came to me. She's jealous because she thinks that I love Sao in a romantic way."

My uncle took a deep breath and nodded, understanding the situation. But he didn't say anything. And I didn't need him to talk. I knew he understood.

"Well, he probably came here because he wanted to see if you were good."

"I guess."

"You'll talk to him, at least?"

"I'll try"

"Their relationship can't stay like that, you know. It's toxic and we both know it."

"Yeah."

*-*--*-*

"Y/n." Sao called out, arriving near me, at my locker.

I turned my head to look at him. I gave him a smile.

"I will come to your house tonight so we can talk. You look like you need it."

"Won't your girlfriend take it as something else instead of what it really is?"